COSTAR GROUP – VICE PRESIDENT, RESEARCH - LONDON
At CoStar Group we are on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives. We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and marketplaces for over 30 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide invaluable edge in real estate. CoStar Group continues to win multiple awards including one of Fortune’s fastest growing companies (2020) and including in the S&P 500 (2022).
By combining the power of CoStar’s independent research organisation – the industry’s largest – with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence. Data sits at the heart of all we do, and we engage with a variety of data sources to ensure our clients have unrivalled insight at their fingertips. The primary method of CoStar’s data collection is interaction with the commercial real estate community through phone-based research, requiring the team to demonstrate strong skills in communication, extensive knowledge of commercial real estate and attention to detail.
As our Vice President, Research - International, you will lead our European research organisation in executing our growth across Europe. You will serve as a critical member of our leadership team driving the strategy, growth and development behind our industry leading CRE information platform and Marketplaces. This role will be responsible for establishing and developing our Research organisations in the UK, Germany, France, and Spain as well as in future expansion countries.
- Oversee and own the accurate and timely delivery of comprehensive commercial real estate information.
- Lead a large team of Directors, Senior Managers, Managers and Researchers (currently over 100 and set to grow significantly).
- Build and maintain a team of strong leaders who value accurate data and the customer experience and, through effective management of their teams, deliver highly accurate and detailed information products, operating at a high level of efficiency.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Directors and Senior Managers to facilitate their professional growth within the organisation.
- Establish and build key research hubs across EMEA to deliver the proven CoStar research process.
- Creating an environment that motivates and engages CoStar employees by providing a positive employment experience and by continuously communicating the connection between the research role and CoStar products, the user experience and ultimately the entire commercial real estate industry.
- Ensuring staffing levels and organisational structures are appropriate to support high quality data and operational efficiency.
- Regular travel through EMEA will be required and is essential to the success of this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. MBA, Masters or relevant graduate degree strongly preferred; ideally in business management, real estate, economics, finance or a related discipline.
- In-depth management experience with large scale organisations (50+) and working in a metric driven environment
- Demonstrable Commercial Real Estate experience and knowledge strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to collaborate across functional areas including IT, Product and Sales as well as other parts of the Research organisation.
- An inspirational leader, with a track record of building large multi-location teams.
- International working experience.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, or commitment to develop expertise in the field.
- In-depth and demonstrable experience of managing large teams of senior managers up to and including Directors.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. As well as having an outstanding working environment based in iconic buildings the Shard and BluFin. Other perks include full private medical cover, dental cover, Life Assurance and member rewards, 28 days annual leave, a competitive pension, season ticket loans, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, birthday lunches and much more!
At CoStar, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. However, we particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the commercial real estate industry.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.