CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
LoopNet, the most popular place to find a space, is the #1 global commercial real estate marketplace. With more than 12 million global unique monthly visitors, LoopNet provides brokers, buyers and sellers with what they need to meet and make deals. LoopNet has established itself as the most effective and far-reaching digital marketplace for commercial real estate owners and brokers. We are not done yet! We continue to focus on driving expansion by increasing market share in the US and abroad, continuously innovating and enhancing the product and growing a powerhouse global team to reach our goals.
Learn more about LoopNet.
Our team is searching for another Director to lead our application development efforts on mobile web, tablet, and desktop. With over 11 Million unique monthly visits across US, CAN, UK (and more coming soon) LoopNet.com is the #1 Commercial Property Marketplace website in the world. The Technical Director is responsible for managing multiple software development teams, guiding system architecture, ensuring project ownership and team leadership. Your teams will design, develop, test, debug and implement operating systems components, software tools, and utilities; as well as determine systems software design requirements in addition to ensuring that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Act as a player coach with 7+ years of industry experience managing multiple project development teams working on multiple concurrent projects
- Coordinate the activities and deliverables across multiple teams while resolving issues and ensuring appropriate priorities
- Mentor and manage Technical Managers in the normal execution of their responsibilities.
- Interact regularly with technology and business executives
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements, develop project plan and work schedules for use by scrum development teams
- Successfully implement software development projects to specification and within scheduled timelines and budget parameters. Ensure proper software development practices are followed and provide guidance and/or assistance when necessary
- Provide status reports and feedback to Business Management
- Act as release manager to ensure product components are released for production deployment as tested
- Drive continuous improvement within Scrum team by focusing on engineering excellence
- Work with recruiting to identify, hire and onboard top industry talent
- Coach, motivate, train, and retain key contributors
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar’s technology platform and development practices
- Act as "Voice of the Customer" when participating in product readiness reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of multi-team development management experience with two or more direct manager reports
- Experience with complex Web, Service and Database technologies
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and design patterns
- High proficiency in testing methodology, Agile methodology, test documentation procedures and QA Best Practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers, and senior management)
- Excellent team building, negotiation and consensus building abilities
- Ability to motivate and build high performance testing and software development teams
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Solid Experience with .NetCore, MVC, Svelte, AWS Managed Services, Kafka, Elasticsearch, SQL
- Experience with Kubernetes and Microsoft Infrastructure is preferred
- Understanding & implementation of automated test processes
What’s in it for You
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
This position offers a base salary range of $223,300 - $312,800, based on relevant skills and experience and includes a generous benefits plan.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.