CoStar Group Company Intro:
CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
Role Description: We are seeking an International Payroll Lead to join our Washington, DC based Finance team. As an International Payroll Lead, you will have exceptional customer service skills offering advisory support to our international businesses. You will foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple stakeholders including an outsourced payroll provider, employees, and leadership, whilst measuring the performance of the payroll function. Discretion, and the ability to safely manage confidential data is a must.
- Lead and complete 16 monthly payrolls for 500+ employees, working in 12 countries, utilizing Workday and TMF (3rd party outsourced) applications.
- Ensure payrolls are administered in compliance with all international regulations, company policies and SOX requirements.
- Participate in the month and quarter-end close activities, to include preparation of payroll-related journal entries, account reconciliations, and auditor-required prepared by client (PBC) items.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Benefits on payroll impacting transactions such as leave of absences, retro benefit premium deductions, and other benefits.
- Participate in Expatriate processing to ensure accurate payroll recording partnering with HR and external tax partner.
- Manage time entry process, to include outreach to employees and managers to ensure timely and accurate payment of hourly employees.
- Adhere to corporate and country-specific policies and procedures.
- Maintain process maps and documentation, updating as processes evolve.
- Serve as a backup for specialized tasks such as stock awards/option exercises, SEC filings, and/or sales commission payments.
- Support quarterly and year end activities such as tax filings, payments, and reconciliations.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives to identify, track, document, and resolve errors to standardize and/or automate payroll processes to improve efficiencies and/or controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited, not-for-profit University or College.
- A track record of commitment to prior employers.
- 8+ years' experience in Payroll or related field or relevant Master's with 6 years' experience in Payroll
- Preferred 1+ year international payroll compliance and processing experience (such as UK, EU, Asian Pacific)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel (must be able to conduct data analysis, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables)
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience, ideally including an outsourced provider
- Experience using HRIS/HCM platforms such as Workday, TMF, ADP
- APA (American Payroll Association) CPP or FPC Certification preferred
What’s in it for you?
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.