Staff Writer - South Florida
CoStar Group, Miami, FL
Work at CoStar Group
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
CoStar is the global leader in commercial real estate information, analytics and news. Commercial Real Estate industry professionals around the globe use CoStar to access the most comprehensive data to make decisions with confidence. CoStar delivers immediate, verified commercial real estate information on over 5.9 million properties across every market.
Learn more about CoStar.
ABOUT THE ROLE
CoStar Group has served as a respected source of news for the commercial real estate industry for more than two decades, and now we are now expanding our award-winning news platform by adding positions and resources to take our journalism to the next level.
We are seeking a talented and motivated journalist to report and write about the South Florida commercial real estate environment. This position would be based in either our Miami or Ft. Lauderdale office and we expect the selected candidate to report to the office four days per week at minimum. You will be expected to produce a steady stream of stories about the people and projects changing the face of some of one of the most dynamic and prominent metropolitan areas in the nation.
- Demonstrate an ability to break news and produce engaging features and trend stories for an audience of commercial real estate professionals.
- Cultivate and manage a bench of knowledgeable sources and expert contributors.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current affairs and commercial real estate news by reading key publications, looking for opportunities to help CoStar stand apart.
- Follow generally accepted journalism ethics and standards to report the facts, including a commitment to truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
- Use readership and social media data to gain a better understanding of the news our readers are most interested in to help shape future coverage.
- 2 plus years of experience reporting and writing for a daily publication.
- Experience reporting and writing for a daily publication.
- A portfolio showcasing your top work.
- Results oriented with a proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results while working to deadlines under pressure.
- Comfort with digital media, with a creative flair for images and other visual content to accompany reports.
- Business journalism experience preferred.
- Proven ability to uncover breaking news.
- Solid web headline and story writing skills, with a command of AP Style and a knowledge of SEO and social media best practices.
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required; ideally in journalism, communications, or a related discipline.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.