CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Norfolk, Va Web Enterprise team.
This position is located in Norfolk, VA and offers 2 days remote per week.
- Implement web-based software solutions using industry-proven frameworks.
- Design and document requirements functional specifications for use by internal teams.
- Evaluate existing applications and implement improvements.
- Participate in the resolution of application defects.
- Contribute to the team's SDLC initiatives by participating in the design, planning, implementation, testing, and documentation.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced teammates.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of proven software development experience in an enterprise level environment
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming languages
- Ability to develop backend services that scale to meet CoStar's concurrency and performance requirements using C# & TypeScript
- Full-stack experience, including knowledge of database schema design, stored procedures, and SQL.
- Understanding of OOP and SOLID design principles.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Experience with one of modern JS frameworks, including React, Angular, or Vue.
- Experience with ElasticSearch.
- Experience with functional programming.
- Experience with Inversion of Control design patterns.
- Experience building RESTful services.
- Experience of unit, integration, and performance testing.
- Experience in software development and engineering skills on large-scale, mission-critical infrastructure applications.
- Experience in multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What’s in it for You
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.