CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
LoopNet, the most popular place to find a space, is the #1 global commercial real estate marketplace. With more than 12 million global unique monthly visitors, LoopNet provides brokers, buyers and sellers with what they need to meet and make deals. LoopNet has established itself as the most effective and far-reaching digital marketplace for commercial real estate owners and brokers. We are not done yet! We continue to focus on driving expansion by increasing market share in the US and abroad, continuously innovating and enhancing the product and growing a powerhouse global team to reach our goals.
Learn more about LoopNet.
As a Senior Software Architect, you will proactively lead the collaboration and engagement with research and engineering teams to deliver cutting edge and innovative solutions based on architectural best practices. You will work with other architects, product management, and engineering to build out the Costar enterprise architecture. To include enterprise data management, microservices, event based architectures, test data management, order to cash integration and master data management.
On any given day you will be creating and documenting architectures for new features, products, and processes; socializing and evangelizing those architectures and designs, best practices; understanding business goals from leadership and Product Management and adding architectural guidance to distill requirements, leverage existing systems across domains, and generally help bring those ideas to life; Discovering, researching, and presenting new technologies that will enhance and improve new and existing systems; Helping balance the needs of Engineering, Product, and Management to deliver cutting-edge and innovative products.
This position is located in Irvine, CA and offers the following hybrid schedule option:
- 3 days onsite, 2 days remote
- Interfaces with the architecture team and other functional areas to propose the most efficient solution. Presents solutions to senior architects, engineering, and management
- Ensures solutions are well architected based upon Costar Ecosystem Standards and guidelines
- Keeps abreast of current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects. Applies and integrates emerging technologies and patterns to new and existing systems architecture where appropriate
- Assists in the development of solution architecture (both tactical and strategic) to fully manage/support the company’s products, services, systems, and technologies.
- Assists in the planning and design of new or upgraded systems. Interacts with departments to implement improvements in process
- Mentors team members in relevant technologies and architecture patterns
- Develops, documents and ensures compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following: data management, coding standards, object oriented designs, cloud-delivery patterns, platform and framework specific design concerns, and human interface guidelines
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited, not for profit university or college
A track record of commitment to prior employers
Requires 8+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Architect
- A broad knowledge base across engineering technologies, disciplines, and platforms
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to evangelize solutions to all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Strong understanding of the cloud computing model, information risk and security guidelines and architecture standards and best practices, as well as excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Hands on experience with cloud tools using Amazon Web Services (AWS) services or GCP or Azure, including Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, SNS/SQS, S3, etc.
- Experience modeling and implementing large-scale relational and NoSQL database systems.
- Experience designing/implementing event-oriented architectures and real-time data streaming solutions.
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Deep understanding of orchestration and messaging based solutions
- Experience with test data management design patterns and implementations in a cloud environment
- Experience with applying enterprise data management, reference data management and master data management
- Understanding of analytic frameworks AI, machine learning, neural networks or deep learning techniques to solve business problems
- Deep understanding of at-scale cloud software and micro-service best practices
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others toward consensus
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
What’s in it for You
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
This position offers a base salary range of $200,300 – $313,000, based on relevant skills and experience and includes a generous benefits plan.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
Home of the world’s best books.