Director of Marketing, Digital Advertising
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA, United States
Work at Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is seeking a dynamic, strategic Director of Marketing to lead the digital advertising offering of Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book. This role is based out of Atlanta, GA.
• Develop the unique brand positioning and value proposition approach for both Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book that defines the reason to believe for advertisers on the platform
• Clearly define the marketing strategy that articulates the features and benefits of the Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book brands to ultimately lead to an increase in client acquisition, retention and increase in spend
• Partner with Cox Automotive Data Solutions to determine and measure Key Performance Indicators that drive marketing and business results
• Efficiently manage the marketing budget through the thoughtful allocation of funds to support product launches, strategic communications, creative development and campaigns
• Provide guidance and direction to agency partners to pull through the strategic narrative(s) for unique products that resonate with OEM’s and non-endemic advertisers
• Work with product development to define the value proposition for key display products and clearly communicate them to OEM’s and their agencies
• Work with the Omni-Channel division to ensure the targeted campaigns are tactically deployed to right audience at the right time, leading to increased knowledge and engagement of products
• Develop a regular cadence of marketing campaigns that generate awareness of products, increases leads, reduces churn and increases conversions
• Collaborate with sales and marketing management to ensure business objectives are met, teams are aligned with plans, and communications are clear
• Partner with sales leadership to develop the sales enablement strategy based on analytics, value proposition and specific target
• Work collaboratively with the Sales Team to continuously optimize content and collateral based on KPIs to ensure usage of key materials that provide highest level of conversion
• Partner with product, sales and marketing teams to identify key thought leadership partnership opportunities for marketing
• Inspire the team to take new and innovative steps to develop unique content and messaging
• Recruit, train and manage career development of team of high achieving marketers
Minimum 10 years of professional experience in marketing, and/or media strategy
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, MBA preferred
- Experience across multiple facets of marketing, including brand positioning, campaign development, product marketing, development of sales enablement tools
- High digital media acumen
- Agency management experience or direct Agency experience
- Experience attracting, developing and leading a high performing marketing team
- Strong analytical experience
- A proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Strong organization and project management skills with ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communications skills and executive presence
Previous experience in Challenger methodology marketing implementation or ability to quickly master
- Experience in leading teams that build multi-faceted campaigns brought to life using marketing automation platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Eloqua, Marketo or Pardot and Seismic
Proven success record of collaborating with stakeholders to create and produce effective content deliverables
Demonstrated understanding of retail automotive industry preferred
- Command of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work in a matrixed-organization
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.