Senior Account Manager - Sr Sales Engineer
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA, United States
Work at Cox Automotive
Sales engineers are client-facing and are a primary resource for the Cox Automotive Account Directors regarding sales support, sales solutions, product knowledge, cross-company integrations, project coordination, sales cycle management, and assessing/optimizing product performance for our clients. They are responsible for navigating contacts within Cox Automotive to manage daily internal/external client requests while also executing on new selling solutions and coordinating product implementations for our clients and various Cox Automotive business units. They work in conjunction with the Account Director as a key solutions advisor and product advocate for Cox Automotive.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for managing and executing on opportunities for assigned accounts. They will need to articulate all product and technology requests to both business and technical users and clients. They must be able to identify all issues of assigned accounts to assure complete client satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. They can also be assigned special projects by NCSS Leadership and be responsible for completing those projects in a timely manner.
- Be proficient in all products and services offered by Cox Automotive
- Continuously stay up-to-date with all product offerings by engaging in self-study or taking classes, and partnering with subject matter experts (SMEs) across the organization
- Optimize current business model for assigned clients by making strategic recommendations in leveraging Cox Automotive to help grow their business
- Assist and participate in any account planning activities to understand client goals and objectives
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand client requirements and provide sales support
- Help assigned clients expand on their Cox Automotive footprint by preparing, creating and recommending improved solutions and providing support for how changes will enhance current strategy
- Be able to gather and leverage data from internal or external sources to support strategy decisions
- Execute on any opportunities or solutions identified by bringing together the right stakeholders within the organization and holding them accountable for the work to be performed
- Be able to speak to the technology integration procedures of a new product or service with a client, or include appropriate resources when needed
- Ensure client needs and expectations are met and/or exceeded
- Be responsible for development of, delivery to, or organization of product demonstrations to all assigned clients
- Provide timely feedback on project updates to client and internal stakeholders
- Stay informed and speak to clients about any updates within the automotive industry
- Collaborate with product and/or technical groups to clearly define client requests
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Take on account manager responsibilities (when needed) by leveraging established expertise of the account(s)
- Engage appropriate resources to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs/RFQ’s
- Be able to assist clients with more tactical-related support (maintenance)
- Work with various internal teams across Cox Automotive to help address tactical issues for product deployments and other day-to-day occurrences by holding those teams accountable for completing task
- Provide timely feedback to client or internal stakeholders on updates
- Support all outlined strategic goals for Cox Automotive Enterprise
- Remain informed of competitive offerings targeted at our clients and the positioning of Cox Automotive in the marketplace
- Be able to lead NCSS or other company projects passed down by NCSS Leadership
- Able to travel 25% - 50% of the time
Critical interactions with stakeholders from the following groups:
• Enterprise Inventory Solutions (EIS)
• Enterprise Dealer Partnerships (EDP)
• Wholesale& Commercial sales
• Cox Automotive leadership
• Various teams across multiple Cox Automotive business units, including but not limited to:
o Field sales teams
3 - 5 years’ experience in client management; preferably in the automotive industry
In-depth understanding of the Cox Automotive products and services
Exceptional organization skills, time management and attention to detail
Strong technical background preferred
Analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent communication and strong presentation skills
Competitive analysis proficiency
The ability to build internal and external relationships
The ability to organize and monitor interconnected projects
The ability to asses program performance and aim to optimize return on investment (ROI)
Proficient knowledge of MS Office, Sales Force CRM
B.S. is required, MBA preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Here you can see your future.