Senior Interaction Designer
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202103374
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Automotive is looking for a talented and passionate Senior UX Interaction Designer to join our Personalization team in Atlanta. In this role, you will be a key member of a cross-functional team that is tasked with creating outstanding personalized experiences for the Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book brands. Working with colleagues from Product Management and Engineering, you will conduct research with consumers and clients to inform the creation of flows, wireframes, and low-resolution prototypes. You will also partner with teams across the Cox Automotive ecosystem to bring integrated experiences to market. The Cox Automotive work environment is highly collaborative and requires excellent communication skills and a keen ability to build and foster strong partnerships through an open and transparent working style.
You should have experience designing for consumers across devices and influencing others in a team environment. This role advocates for user-centered design techniques and data-driven decision processes.
Our UX organization is comprised of a diverse mix of disciplines from Design to Research to Content Strategy. The group is deeply embedded in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment and has a substantial impact on the experience and the business. If this sounds like the type of environment you would like to work in, lets talk!
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta, GA office.
- Create user research test plans and scenarios, conduct independent studies, and analyze and present findings to justify design decisions
- Translate user research, market research, and live-site test findings into design solutions that deliver value for our consumers and the business
- Deliver comprehensive interactive designs that make complex tasks easier and align with best practices in the market
- Rapidly iterate on low-resolution designs, including wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes, that effectively demonstrate testable product concepts
- Facilitate design workshops with development teams to engage them on user needs and UX best practices
- Present design work to peers and business leaders to gain consensus
- Engage in enterprise thinking across product lines and services that results in innovative, re-usable design solutions
- Help other UX team members as they solve their design problems, and collaborate with the rest of the team on improving the way we work
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 5+ years of experience creating page flows, site maps, wireframes, mockups, and related design documentation
- 2+ years of experience planning and conducting UX research and using findings to inform design deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to create designs that meet user needs and achieve business results
- Knowledge of current UX design strategies and trends across web and mobile platforms
- Experience designing for digital media experiences (web, mobile, apps, etc.) using user-centered design practices
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies like Agile and SCRUM
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to work on concurrent projects and quickly prioritize competing tasks and responsibilities
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent self-starter
- Attention to detail and follow-through on completion of tasks
- Bachelors degree in Information Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent work experience required, Masters degree a plus
- Previous experience in the automotive industry or eCommerce a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.
Creative Jobs For You
Internal Consultant, Rotational Leadership Development Program...
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328