Senior UX Copywriter
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202104052
The Senior Copywriter is an innovative, multi-tasking, digital copy/content specialist who can create engaging and easy-to-understand messaging to complement the user experience. Whether immersive, persuasive or task-driven, these experiences will exceed user expectations and business goals, with copy playing a central role. You will have a deep knowledge of web-optimized copywriting best practices and messaging trends as they span multiple devices.
Collaboration and flexibility are key; youll work closely with other UX team members, business owners, developers, marketing and data analysts, researchers, and project management. Ideal candidates will have a passion for detail and a healthy sense of when copy should persuade, compel, entertain or instruct. In addition, youre an expert at working with team members to identify HOW to "tell a story" within digital experiences (sequence of content/modules, etc), not just what the copy should say.
Experience with automotive brands and/or car dealerships & dealer groups would go a long way toward your candidacy.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta, GA office.
- Writing in a compelling, yet easy-to-understand style. Saying a lot in a little space. Tailoring your tone and style to everything from button text to app copy to error messages to editing and rewriting short articles.
- Thinking tactically about the communication of the page/unit/project overall. Pushing smartly for superior outcomes, with business and monetization goals always in mind.
- Translating strategy, business requirements, research findings and usability best practices into high-quality, customer-centric and customer-validated products, within the Autotrader, and Kelley Blue Book brands and other brands of the Cox Automotive Product Group.
- Structuring, adapting and personalizing content for how users will experience it on desktop, mobile, apps, tablet and understanding user behaviors on these different devices.
- Collaborating with User Research team to integrate research findings into our content/copy.
- Being the go-to resource for best practices in web content, usability and content strategy. Cascading that knowledge enthusiastically and positively to the team.
- Evaluating existing site copy/content and identifying optimization opportunities
- Maintaining documents with legal updates, copy decks, and site-wide copy samples.
- Using analytic reports and site metrics to optimize and improve our copy/content recommendations.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Understanding of dynamic, data-driven experiences and associated technologies across multiple devices and operating systems
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, Advertising or related field
- 5+ years experience in digital-specific copywriting for consumer web, tablet and mobile applications and optimized sites
- A meticulous eye for spelling, capitalization, punctuation and style, in accordance with brand strategy and style guide
- Online automotive industry experience
- Ability to update content via a CMS
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, with the parallel ability to make your SEO-related copy clear and engaging - not just a laundry list of key words
- Working knowledge of rapid prototyping tools (like Axure) would be a plus
- Experience working in agile development environment
- Knowledge of tagging and taxonomy
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Physical activity level: Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative/technical nature.
Working environment: Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Role Specific Competencies:
Focus on Customers
Promoting and living customer service as a value. Ensuring that the (internal or external) customers needs are a driving force behind priorities, decisions, processes and activities.
Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and sense of urgency for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Develop Self and/or Others
Planning and supporting the development of knowledge, skills and abilities to fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
Actively engaging and supporting change and innovation by communicating the future-state, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
Gaining other peoples trust by "doing the right thing," demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, supporting an inclusive work environment, and acting in accordance with legal, moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines in support of our Values.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands