Senior UX Architect
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 218303
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Senior UX Architect to join our team.
This position is remote/work from home. You need to reside in the Eastern or Central Time Zone
The Senior UX Architect is responsible for owning the full UX process; product strategy, user research, information architecture, application concepts (prototyping), and visual design. UX Architects work to identify and translate user needs into digital products and applications. UX Architects drive the evolution of User Experience for Cox Automotive through education, advocacy, and thought leadership. As a key member of a core Agile team, this position collaborates with product and engineering leaders to deliver features that delight customers while delivering on business objectives.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like theyre just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead product user experience strategy; research, identify and work directly with customers and consumers, using stakeholder interviews, competitive audits (business and UX) and user research to understand and validate product concepts and direction.
- Create enjoyable customer experiences by iterating on designs and gathering feedback to constantly improve products and transform needs prioritized by business goals into testable questions
- Design and evaluate visual human interfaces using user-centered design principles
- Develop UX related documentation, such as requirements, research ﬁndings, journey maps, use cases, user proﬁles, and mental models
- Deﬁne the information architecture and interaction ﬂow of applications
- Present conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes to key stakeholders
- Analyze usage data to gain deeper product understanding, KPIs and craft recommendations
- Conduct surveys and interviews with internal team members, product experts, and external customers
- Evangelize and educate product and engineering teams to have a better understanding of UX best practices and techniques
- Mentor, multiply and grow skills in more junior UX roles
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Lean UX methodologies
- A portfolio that shows your thought process and ability to ship user-centered products
Required Experience (minimum):
- 10+ yrs championing and delivering on UX best practices
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycles
- Experience with design sprints in an Agile development process, and Lean UX methodologies
- Strong proﬁciency wireframing and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with frontend code and web/mobile-based environments
- Experience with mobile, tablet and responsive design
- Ability to gather and synthesize different types of usability research; surveys, A/B tests, user interviews, eye tracking, and usability tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive problem solving; able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
- Excellent communication skills. Individual must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to build UX advocates in cross-discipline teams
- Business Acumen and able to present to stakeholders
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Robb Report & Art Media: Director, Digital Strategy & Product
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA