Senior Product Manager
Cox Automotive, Irvine, CA 92618
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 219179
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Hey, were all looking for someone to help us be our best. At Cox Automotive, were on a search for a Sr. Product Manager who will help our team stay on track with flexible, agile roadmaps that evolve as our plans do
At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell and use cars. With operations across five continents and brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, were taking charge to create the future of automotive. Weve got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some amazing software creations.
And now, were building a future that is autonomous, connected, electric and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment that puts collaboration and culture at the forefront of everything we do.
So, if youre looking for the right place to deploy your considerable skills, then read on...weve got a lot more to share!
What Youll Do:
- For starters, youll lead a product team supporting Kelley Blue Book & Autotrader consumer experiences. Your empathy, vision, intuition, and data driven problem solving will be critical as we look to build a better car buying experience for consumers on the Kelley Blue Book & Autotrader websites that take advantage of the full breadth of Cox Automotives industry leading capabilities.
- Youll work closely with your partners in UX, SEO, engineering, marketing, data science, and editorial to build experiences that first gets users attention via organic search & social media and then keeps them coming back for more with personalized experiences that adapt to better cater to their needs at all stages of their vehicles lifecycle.
- Youll be the person who gets an in-depth understanding of issues and opportunities that arise throughout the product development lifecycle. Youll work closely with your partners across the organization to solve problems and capitalize on opportunities through rapid experimentation, testing, and a fail-fast mentality to product development.
- Youll team up with our Business Strategy team to define our long-term strategy and the total addressable market for your products. Youll also partner with the UX team, marketing research, client solutions, and business stakeholders to observe and solicit real-time feedback from consumers and clients.
- Youll closely follow the market, stay in-tune with consumer shopping trends, work closely with your partners in sales, and engage frequently with clients to inform and influence your roadmap.
Planning & Development:
- Youll focus on the execution of the vision and roadmap for your area, working closely with your partners to develop the go-to-market strategy and value proposition.
- Youll help others understand market challenges by providing relatable context, and offer clear updates to our customers.
- You have an ability to document and articulate product requirements that are focused on the objective and key results that truly define success. Youre comfortable rolling up your sleeve and digging into heatmaps and dashboards to truly understand and capitalize on your engagement and monetization metrics.
- Youll build solid and effective relationships with your partners in engineering, UX, analytics, and SEO to build a healthy backlog that will advance your key performance indicators and success metrics.
- Youll make recommendations to our Agile Release Train, and partner with a variety of groups - from architecture and technology to finance specialists and other business stakeholders - to help us ensure were delivering our best work and products.
Sales & Client Engagement:
- Our client solutions, product readiness and marketing teams will get to know you well, as you join forces to ensure the products we build exceed the needs of our consumers and clients.
- Youll create and deliver thoughtful information to influence many of our key market constituents and make recommendations for products that are on their way to launch.
- Youll manage the full lifecycle of products, championing multiple products and services, and coordinating tests and product launches. Youll also help determine the requirements approach for the projects youre spearheading, establish baselines, and review the requirements to ensure theyre accurate.
- Youll gauge our product performance and help us improve our performance.
- Youll manage our innovation pipeline and take our innovation tools and processes from inception to execution. Youll also keep an open flow of creative ideas going, and make sure our innovation networks and communities are firing on all cylinders.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. And while we may be innovation obsessed, we never forget that we are human powered. So, its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- We know youre always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, youll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you. And in the future, you may have the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the Cox family of brands operates like cleantech, health care and esports.
- Youll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have a hands-on experience in transforming an industry. We dont believe in limitations, only possibilities. Our technological capabilities combined with your wisdom and wizardry will allow us to grow the good and drive incredible innovation.
- Youll work alongside fantastic people who want to see you succeed. We know none of us is as smart as all of us. We strive to bring out the best in everyone, and our dedication to culture means that youll be empowered by - and will, in turn, empower - some of the finest colleagues in any industry.
- Youll quite literally have an opportunity to make the world a better place. That may sound like hyperbole, but its true. Across the Cox family of businesses, weve launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability through a wide range of company programs, partnerships and employee volunteer opportunities.
- Compensation includes a base salary of $71,400 - 100,000. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidates experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or and incentive program.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or a related field and 5+ years experience OR MS w/ 2+ years experience OR 9 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Youre someone who can harness a wide variety of inputs and is phenomenal at planning, visualizing and collaborating. A lifetime learner, you channel your wisdom into others, taking opportunities to mentor whenever you can.
- You understand business, the lifespan and performance qualities of products, industry principles, practices and procedures
- You have working knowledge for SAFe Agile Methodology. (3-5yr)
- Youve got working experience in product plans, lifecycle methods to research, analysis, epics, features, KPIs and other analytics. (3-5yr)
- A Masters Degree is nice to have for this role.
- Experience working with high volume consumer experiences and applications
- A track record of developing audiences through organic search, e-mail marketing, and other offsite retargeting tactics
- Experience leveraging machine learning and data insights to develop highly personalized experiences
- Familiarity with ad tech and driving outcomes for advertisers with integrated, native, personalized advertising solutions
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Robb Report & Art Media: Director, Digital Strategy & Product
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA