Senior Director, Competitive Intelligence
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 219970
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Highly preferred for candidate to be based in Atlanta, GA.
Intelligence gathering. It sounds like the sort of thing that only happens at the Pentagon, and maybe in a handful of summer blockbusters. But, as you know, theres another kind of intelligence gathering, one that doesnt require dodging bullets, impossible security clearance, or talking into a tiny microphone inside your cufflink. At Cox, we call this person a Senior Director, Competitive Intelligence, and its an opportunity to leverage your unique experience as a bonafide intelligence specialist, trusted advisor, and subject matter expert.
In this strategic role, youll manage, control and deliver key initiatives, making sure our teams are aligned in our efforts. Youll partner with senior Cox Automotive leaders and executives along the way, and keep your finger on the pulse of what is happening with our competitors, so you can share insights that help guide us toward even greater success. (That would be the Competitive Intelligence part). Youll be an integral part of our Research, Market Intelligence and Pricing Strategy leadership team, contributing to team planning, and management efforts. Youll also get to do much of it from the comfort of your own workspace, as this job is 80% remote. Youll report to the head of our Research, Market Intelligence and Pricing Strategy team.
So, if youd like to do exciting, meaningful work, without having the hassle of being an "International Person of Intrigue," keep reading. Weve got a tale worthy of a spy novel...or at least a memorable job description.
What Youll Do
To make sure theres no mystery around what it takes to be a successful Senior Director with our Competitive Intelligence team, were here to provide you with all the clues you need. Dive in...
In this role, youll get to:
·Serve as a trusted advisor and partner to our Enterprise Strategy team and our C-Suite execs, sharing how you interpret competitive threats, what strategic opportunities are available to us, and what recommendations youd make to help us succeed.
·Connect the dots between competitive insights, business strategy, and development opportunities so our stakeholders understand what action we need to take.
·Use your rich knowledge of the trends within the marketplace and amongst our competition to help teams like Product Management, IT, Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Strategy have a richer understanding of the strategies and actions needed to accelerate growth and success.
·Define the mission and vision of our Competitive Intelligence function, so we can always properly engage and adapt as the marketplace changes.
·Lead, develop, and motivate a team of pros who are responsible for the continued monitoring of our competition, as well as understanding and communicating their strategies, financial performance, product and pricing development, and more. Youll define their purpose, develop goals for your team and help them achieve those goals, while always honoring the ethics and values that help define our company.
· Help team members grow into subject matter experts and strategic advisors, building their sense of ownership and confidence along the way.
·Develop a structured competitive intelligence program that captures and analyzes competitive insights from a variety of channels, evaluates data to extract key business implications, delivers targeted information to key audiences accurately and on time, and makes them aware of implications of the info, as well as the best course of action.
·Provide cross-functional coaching & mentoring, giving actionable feedback, and inspiring through example. Youll also be empowered to develop larger team strategies for the long-term, giving you the chance to foster true teamwork and cohesion with those on your team.
·Lead ongoing vendor evaluation and management efforts, while keeping up with the latest developments and best practices in the C.I. field.
·Establish a strong network, including key industry groups, clients and experts
Whats In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay plus other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and youll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
Youre not new to this. You bring some serious experience to the Competitive Intelligence game and your track record gives you a certain amount street cred and swagger. Some of that comes from your hunger and motivation to grow your skills, as well of the capabilities of the teams you work with. Youre also known for your excellent teamwork skills, your service-oriented attitude, and how skillfully you manage clients, projects, and vendors. In fact, your clients are wowed by how well you stay connected while managing expectations every step of the way. And everyone you work with is dazzled by your creativity, attention to detail and business insight.
You can collaborate with just about anyone, and know how to listen, empathize, and get the best out of people. Youre also not afraid to work across boundaries to get results. Youre personable, approachable, curious, and energetic.
For this role, all of those traits will help you shine brightly. There are a few more qualities and competencies we are counting on you bring to the proverbial party.
- Youll need a bachelors degree. If you have a masters degree, thats even a bigger win, especially an MBA.
Youve also got:
- 15+ years of competitive intelligence, consulting and/or corporate strategy experience.
- 7+ years of people management experience, with proven ability to lead, motivate, influence and develop.
- Some previous experience/knowledge of the automotive industry.
- A talent for gaining the confidence of senior leaders as trusted thought partners.
- A strong understanding of financial statements. In fact, itd be excellent if you have some finance work experience in your history.
- Strong analytic capabilities, with a demonstrated ability to interpret and translate complex data into succinct storylines.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking, with the ability to work with ambiguity and to make business decisions, even when you dont have all the information youd like.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact, collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.