Senior Product Owner
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202105463
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive approach to deliver several products, capabilities, services, or enhancements in accordance with the product roadmap. Works with Product Managers, Business Leaders, and a cross-functional Scrum team to deliver the product to the Client. Manages the overall effort to deliver products, capabilities, services and enhancements using the strategic vision as well as established key performance indicators. Understands the functionality and determines the release sequence. Prioritizes and maintains the product backlog and performs analysis and user story development with the software development team(s).
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta, GA office.
Primary Duties/Key Responsibilities
- Support Release Train and scrum team(s) via Continuous Planning (CP), managing the product backlog and software development details, and maintaining delivery velocity.
- Own, manage, and prioritize product backlog and implementation, ensure product execution meets strategy and requirements and refine features into user stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Contribute to the development of requirements
- Partner with Product Managers to understand and influence product strategy and roadmaps, aggregate and conceive ideas for enhancing product performance and achieving product success/KPIs.
- Drive and communicate the product vision / strategy to and within development teams.
- Communicate project status across stakeholder groups.
- Lead scrum team(s) to build, enhance and manage products, capabilities and services in the wholesale portfolio management space. This includes many integral and impactful services used internally and by our customers (e.g. Optimizations, Private Store services, etc.).
- Coordinate with other Agile Product Managers and Product Owners to deliver on a vision that crosses multiple delivery streams or release trains.
Sales and Client Engagement:
- Engage with stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert to understand performance and needs for in-market products. Identify potential enhancements or new features resulting from this engagement.
- Guide sales and clients on best practices for using owned products / services to meet their objectives.
- Partner with sales, sales operations, client solutions, and client marketing teams to communicate product performance and value for products.
- Relationship Management - Works across multiple levels and time zones in the organization to effectively manage problems and issues, manage resolutions, implement corrective actions, develop lessons learned and collect and disseminate relevant information. Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of product capabilities. Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Requirements Definition & Management - Contributes to the selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for highly complex initiatives of all sizes. Facilitates input gathering from stakeholders, provides constructive challenges and enables effective prioritization of requirements. Conducts analysis and reviews requirements for errors and omissions. Establishes the requirement base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source. Investigates, manages, and applies authorized requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Project Management - Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-to-large-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines). Identifies, assesses and manages risk to the success of the project. Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders. Adopts appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Ensures quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure. Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Product Management - Reviews analysis and performance monitoring for specified products. Supports problem resolution, resolves issues and acts on feedback and usage of in-life products. Contributes to product collateral and monitors results and feedback from product launches. Responsible for one or more products, depending upon the products complexity.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or a related field.
- 5 years; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Requires and applies a broad knowledge of business, product performance and industry principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to understand highly complex problems and technical systems that cross multiple technology stacks and stakeholder groups.
- Working knowledge for SAFe Agile Methodology
- Experience in working cross-functionally with a variety of different domains, including Engineering, Finance, and Business Development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that can be applied across a diverse set of audiences.
- High-level understanding of engineering architecture with experience working with engineering teams to deliver products.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.