Senior UX Designer
Cox Automotive, Austin, TX 78759
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 10415 Morado Cir, Austin, TX, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 222552
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Automotive, is seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our UX team in Austin, TX.
The Senior User Experience Designer is part of the Product & UX Team and works collaboratively with Product, UX, and Engineering partners to design the next generation of desktop and mobile applications across the web, iOS, and Android platforms. This individual draws from a deep understanding of design systems, standards and best practices to innovate and create amazing user experiences for our software solutions. The Designer must think strategically, collaborate across disciplines, be self-driven, and execute with an eye for detail. The ideal candidate enjoys working with other team members to solve complex user/business problems and can easily adapt and grow within a fast-paced and innovative environment. They must have a passion for design, an outstanding set of user experience and product design skills, and a desire to continuously improve and elevate the experiences our customers have with our products.
- Design simple, engaging, and intuitive experiences/interactions and workflows in both web and native/hybrid ecosystems
- Create design deliverables such as user personas, user journeys, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Lead user research efforts such as usability tests, interviews, feedback sessions; incorporate findings and learning into your design decisions
- Participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work
- Create innovative design concepts based on a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives; willingness to try new approaches and iterate
- Consume and contribute back to our design language including applying design resources such as templates, icon libraries, reusable app components, style guides, design standards, and brand standards to your work.
- Work in an agile environment providing design communication and assets for the team
- Keep updated of the latest UX design and technology trends
- Support the overall visual design of products including color palette, typography, iconography, and style
- Estimate effort, plan schedules and manage time effectively
- Obtain buy-in from stakeholders, explaining how your design solution addresses the identified problem and user need
- Support Agile delivery and respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers, and team leads
- Understand technical, business, and time limitations, and design within these constraints
Whats In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. And while we may be innovation obsessed, we never forget that we are human powered. So, its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- We know youre always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, youll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you. And in the future, you may have the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the Cox family of brands operates like cleantech, health care and esports.
- Youll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have a hands-on experience in transforming an industry. We dont believe in limitations, only possibilities. Our technological capabilities combined with your wisdom and wizardry will allow us to grow the good and drive incredible innovation.
- Youll work alongside fantastic people who want to see you succeed. We know none of us is as smart as all of us. We strive to bring out the best in everyone, and our dedication to culture means that youll be empowered by - and will, in turn, empower - some of the finest colleagues in any industry.
- Youll quite literally have an opportunity to make the world a better place. That may sound like hyperbole, but its true. Across the Cox family of businesses, weve launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability through a wide range of company programs, partnerships and employee volunteer opportunities.
- A Bachelors degree preferred in a related field (HCI, UX Design, Product Design)
- 5+ years of experience designing web and mobile apps
- 7+ years of general design experience
What We Look For
- Proven expertise in Sketch, InVision or other design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and OmniGraffle
- Deep understanding of and experience with the full UX design process including information architecture, user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups
- Understanding and knowledge of mobile human interface guidelines (Apples HIG and Googles Material Design), current possibilities and limitations of hardware and operating systems, and basic design requirements of a complete mobile app (icon and artwork sizes, necessary screenshots, splash screens, screen resolutions, retina graphics, etc.)
- Proven expertise with modern desktop, mobile app and SaaS design
- Solid understanding of experience design principles and best practices
- Flexibility and openness to feedback from cross-functional team members
- Strong prioritization, planning and time management skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks effectively without close supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Experience with Lean UX, Agile Methodology and Design Thinking
- Confidence and knowledge to design uniquely complex or large scale UX projects
- Portfolio containing examples of web, responsive and mobile app design
Apply now to join the Cox family of businesses!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands