Senior Enterprise Data Strategy Manager
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202201446
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Senior Enterprise Data Strategy Manager is responsible for supporting successful operations around Cox Automotives data syndication for key established enterprise assets for which the Enterprise Data Strategy team is responsible for driving syndication/monetization. The job includes three main responsibilities at a high level:
- Develop and execute permissible use guidelines for key data assets including Kelley Blue Book and Manheim valuations
- Partner with the Valuation Sales team to vet clients desired use of our data to ensure it aligns with current strategy and evaluate proposed pricing
- Define and execute governance process with key stakeholders to manage sales opportunities that need further evaluation
Data Syndication is a key strategic and growing business for Cox Automotive as the breadth and depth of information that Cox Automotive has compiled across our leading Automotive brands is un-paralleled. Responsible and strategic data syndication is a key part of Cox Automotives growth plans and this resource is a critical member of the team.
PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITiES
- Shepherd the development of permissible use guidelines for Cox Automotive valuations. This includes maintaining the current set of usage guidelines and partnering with stakeholders to regular review and update as we continually evolve our strategy around data syndication.
- Partner with the Manheim and Kelley Blue Book Valuations Sales team to vet potential partners desired use cases and ensure it aligns with our permissible use guidelines.
- Define and execute governance processes with key stakeholders to escalate and review exceptions to our standard permissible use cases.
- Evaluate mergers and acquisitions involving data syndication clients and develop point of views for our various business partners
- Contribute to regular refreshes of the Data Syndication Inventory, working with designated contacts across various Cox Automotive businesses to better understand our data partnerships across the enterprise
- Work with Cox Automotive business units (e.g. Manheim, AutoTrader, KBB) to develop strong partnerships and also establish additional rigor around data syndication, especially from a new customer acquisition and customer support perspective.
- Successfully drive standard process and structure where appropriate, while partnering successfully with business units seeking to expand data syndication around BU specific products
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to design, implement, and manage processes related to how the company will syndicate strategic data assets
- Work collaboratively with other Cox Automotive Corporate functions where appropriate such as Legal, Engineering, Accounting etc.
- BA or BS Degree and 5+ years of increasing and relevant experience in consulting, process implementation, project/program management and/or related functions, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA/Masters Degree preferred.
- Strong customer relationship management skills including ability to build relationships while also understanding business context and ensuring data syndication deals are commercially attractive to Cox
- Proven track record of mastered execution and project management/organization skills to progress on several priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated analytical skills and business acumen, evidenced by a proven track record in successfully developing and implementing impactful, practical business/data strategies that have been implemented successfully
- Robust interpersonal and communication skills to effectively navigate complex relationships within a matrixed organization
- Attention to detail, particularly when evaluating contract text, proposed fee structures, and other changes initiated by partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Other duties as needed or required
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands