OEM Account Director
Cox Automotive, Troy, MI 48084
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3331 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202201977
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
This is a Remote Position location in the Central or East.
The OEM Account Director will identify and develop strategic partnerships and new revenue opportunities with their assigned OEMs through sound business development and strategy methodologies. The OEM Account Director must be strong at building valuable relationships at all levels of large client organization. They must also be able to navigate a large, matrixed internal organization to help accomplish their assigned goals. They must possess an ability to identify and create programs based on a strong understanding of the OEMs objectives and how Cox Automotive can help execute their overall goals. These partnerships and sales are based on the development and growth of multi-level relationships at the OEM. High visibility and credibility for Cox Automotive within the automotive communities must be developed and maintained through ongoing participation, leadership, and contribution to the marketplace. With a primary focus on service and consultation, the OEM Account Director will also work with Regional Directors to identify potential opportunities for revenue growth and to execute a defined account strategy.
- Develop new business opportunities to extend the companys business growth.
- Identify, qualify, and close new business opportunities by:
- Understanding the different OEM departments, the politics between them, and identify the different types of stakeholders, decision makers, influencers, proponents, and opponents.
- Create and facilitate sales presentations.
- For larger opportunities/RFPs, manage entire response process, assign and follow-up on deliverables from each internal department, as well as perform final edits
- Knowing all assigned Cox Automotive offerings and how Cox Automotives data and services benefit different departments within an automotive OEM.
- Understanding automotive OEM marketing strategies.
- Develop Account Ownership by Networking diligently, creating business relationships, promote Cox Automotive product solutions.
- Prepare regular reports and analysis of new business achievements, opportunities and targets.
- Regularly review and report on sales performance, sales forecasts and market/account trends
- Prepare and conduct presentations and demos to generate new business growth and expand existing Cox Automotive product solutions.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating new business opportunities to extend and develop the companys customer and profit base.
- Ensure business negotiations are undertaken to protect the companys interest.
- Liaise with key departments such as Production, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Legal and other groups to insure new business opportunities are identified and followed through.
- Develop formal account plans and coordinate strategies to meet targets within the context of the overall corporate plan.
- Ensure that Sales initiatives comply with relevant Acts, Legal Demands and Ethical standards.
- Minimum 5-7 years Sales/Business Development experience with successful track record.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve (if not exceed) ones goals
- Persuasive, tactful, and professional
- Strong understanding in consultative/relationship selling.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work demanding, primarily self-directed, disciplined work schedule
Additional preferred skills:
- Business Development experience with OEMs and solid business aptitude.
- Automotive Industry experience with OEMs, Dealers, or Dealer Groups
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to build and maintain solid client relationships with a high level of professionalism.
- Advanced skills in all forms of negotiations.
- Proven success at meeting sales goals and objectives.
- Create a positive team environment committed to achieving organizational objectives.
- Embrace and practice company values.
- Polished and professional presentation. Excellent interpersonal/communication skills - oral and written.
- Masters degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or eight to twelve years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract variables.
- Deep understanding of automotive industry, and how Cox Automotive products help propel the industry forward.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Home of the world’s best books.