Associate Vice President, Product Management - Digital Commerce
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Executive
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 224363
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Associate Vice President Product is responsible for partnering with business leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders to champion the strategy, design, development, launch, and management of products that delight clients and team members, while also meeting strategic and financial business objectives. This leader will always be strengthening her/his understanding of clients and team-members, their needs, and the factors that drive their behavior. The AVP leader will focus on developing team members into strategic product leaders of the future, bringing a balance of strategic creativity, clear thinking, and attention to detail to the role. This job will lead a Product organization for a Business/Delivery Steam, making significant contributions to the overall strategy and business.
- Set and execute the leadership and strategic direction and execution of long-term strategy for overall management of designated line of product(s) through the full product lifecycle, including the creation and execution of new products and features as well as enhancements, extensions and retirements of existing products. Ensure the mission and the values of the client are represented and incorporated throughout the product lifecycle.
- Designated assignment
- White Label Digital Commerce omni-channel Product for online and instore car buying journey
- Consumer Experience, design, testing and funnel conversion
- Retailer Experience with order management, customer support, marketing campaigns, analytics, and program configurations
- Drive an operating model that ensures agile product delivery teams have the clarity and support they need to maximize product value and overall return on investment.
- Partner and collaborate closely with leaders, P&L Owners, Technology, Marketing, Client Success, Sales, and Operations Support partners and other CAPG leaders to ensure successful product strategy, design, delivery, and implementation efforts.
- Ensure the team is delivering on targeted financial, strategic, and operational commitments.
- Oversee long-term workforce and staffing plans and ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish planned business results.
- Maintain an understanding of competitive position, target market and overall industry landscape that supports the work to define and create product(s).
- Leverage in-depth understanding of our product capabilities and product offerings as well as marketplace trends to inform and help guide our overall product strategy in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
- Use influence and contribute to Cox Automotive Product thought leadership through participation in cross-division work groups.
- Foster effective business relationships with all internal and external partners, vendors and stakeholders.
- Actively develop talent within the product organization and create bench strength for all product teams including immediate succession.
- Lead and resolve business issues or problems that have business-wide impact.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Leads development of a culture that encourages innovation, risk taking and collaboration. Embeds innovation processes throughout business units and links strategy execution with innovation. Aligns organisational and individual objectives, measures and rewards with innovation.
Requirements & Definition Management
- Develops organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for requirements definition and management. Raises awareness and champions the importance and value of requirements management principles and the selection of appropriate requirements management lifecycle models. Drives adoption of, and adherence to, policies and standards. Develops new methods and organisational capabilities. Plans and leads scoping, requirements definition and priority setting for complex, strategic programs.
- Creates the product lifecycle management framework for internal and external customers and users. Champions the importance and value of product management principles and appropriate product development models whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or more adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Aligns the product management objectives with business objectives, and authorises the selection and planning of all product management activities. Initiates creation of new products. Oversees the organisations suite of products and accountable for delivery of customer value and/or user satisfaction over time. Identifies how new products may create new opportunities and how to adapt existing products to create new opportunities.
- Leads the definition, implementation and review of the organisations portfolio management framework. Authorises the structure of portfolios and is responsible for alignment with business strategy & objectives and with emerging IT and digital opportunities. Sets parameters for the prioritisation of resources and the changes to be implemented. Recommends and implements corrective action by engaging and influencing senior management. Leads the on-going monitoring and review of portfolios for impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realised. Is responsible for implementing effective portfolio governance arrangements supported by effective reporting.
- Manages senior individuals and groups. Determines and delegates management responsibilities. Sets performance objectives, and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Initiates, develops and monitors effective performance management processes. Sets the example for proactively building working relationships within the team, acting as an escalation point for staff and ensuring relationship challenges are addressed. Provides coaching and support and delegates responsibilities where possible, in order to achieve corporate objectives. Mentors and influences senior individuals in consideration of their career opportunities and contribution to the organisation. Leads on formal processes such as compensation negotiations and disciplinary procedures.
- Requires BS/BA degree in related discipline with advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant experience with at least 7 years experience in a leadership role
- Applies extensive leadership experience building and leading high performing teams that consistently meet or exceed team and business goals in a fast-paced, high change, matrixed organization
- eCommerce and/or Digital Retailing experience
- Forward-thinking; anticipates content trends in the automotive industry
- Applies extensive knowledge in business, product performance and industry principles, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of SAFe Agile Methodology
- Serves as point of authority and/or source of technical knowledge in primary discipline or technical area.
- Routinely called upon to apply/demonstrate expertise in existing and emerging technologies, practices, and processes.
- Working experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Working experience in creating, prioritizing and recommending epics and features.
- Working experience in conducting competitive research and analysis.
- Working experience in identifying KPIs and other analytics to measure product value.
- Working experience with executive presentations.
- Working experience in working with a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.