Communications Specialist II
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 224026
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
This position is a hybrid and will require occasional office days in Atlanta. Must be located within a commutable distance.
The Communications Specialist plays a hands-on role within Cox Automotives Retail Solutions team and supports internal and external communications strategies, tactics and implementation. Working with Communications team members, this individuals responsibilities will include assisting with content creation for both groups, directing content to appropriate communication channels, monitoring effectiveness, and coordinating cross-CAI efforts. This individual will assist with coordinating and plan town halls, media tours and team member engagement activities. They should be able to acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the companys business, Solutions groups, priorities, principles, and strategies and keep up to date with relevant developments.
- Responsible for sourcing content, interviewing subjects, writing, editing and delivering high quality internal and external communications for a variety of channels and will assist with day-to-day communications and execution
- Support ongoing communications department projects and activities, assisting in communications and delivery of messages from field and corporate leadership
- Provide back-up support to others in the department, as requested
- Support Retail and CAI communications vehicles to inform, educate, and engage employees.
- Work with key internal stakeholder to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the companys strategy and in support of various internal and external communications efforts
- Support and evaluate results of communications with the team
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external players
- Manage and enhance communications flows, within and outside of our company
- Promote a positive public image of our company
- Update bios, fact sheets, press rooms and other lists as well as support and update content on Fuel, the companys Intranet, and other internal sites, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other department members to align on common challenges and opportunities
- Adhere to the companys style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free work.
- Coordinate award entries for industry and internal award programs
- Other departmental duties as assigned
- BS/BA in related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Generally 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Bachelors or Associate degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- 2+ years of experience in communications roles (would consider recent graduate PR or Communications graduate with relevant internship and leadership experience)
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, SharePoint/Teams, PowerPoint, Word, and related business and communications tools
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, with close attention to detail
- Excellent writing/editing skills. Solid verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in a clear and persuasive manner
- Strong problem-solving skills and work well under pressure
- Highly collaborative style with a sincere commitment to work collaboratively across teams
- Enjoys learning and creating engaging communications
- Prefer familiarity with direct marketing tools (such as EmailOpen, MailChimp or Emma)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Able to treat confidential material appropriately
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Open-minded, flexible, adaptable to change
- Team player who can adapt to different personalities and work styles, and partner with people at all levels of business
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.