Cox Automotive, Draper, UT 84020
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 13693 S 200 W, Draper, UT, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202201711
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Hey, were all looking for someone to help us be our best. At Cox Automotive, were on a search for a Product Owner who will help our team stay on track with flexible, agile roadmaps that evolve as our plans do. Our product team, engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell, and use cars. With operations across five continents and brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, were taking charge to create the future of automotive. Weve got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some amazing software creations.
So, if youre looking for the right place to deploy your considerable skills, then read on...weve got a lot more to share!
What Youll Do
The Product Owner is a key participant in the portfolio, product, release, and sprint planning activities.
For starters, youll be the person who gets an in-depth understanding of jobs to solve and issues that arise throughout the product development lifecycle, studying them from a variety of angles.
Youll partner with our engineering team to define solutions to problems we are trying to solve for our clients, our long-term strategy, and the total addressable market. Youll also partner with client support and business stakeholders to observe and solicit feedback from clients.
Youll handle areas such as planning and development, sales engagement, client engagement, and product evaluations. Heres a peek at some of the expectations that come with those areas:
Planning & Development
- Support Release Train and scrum team(s) via Product Increment (PI) planning, defect prioritization, managing the product backlog and software development details, and maintaining velocity.
- Assist in the prioritization and management of the backlog and implementation, ensure product execution meets strategy and requirements, and refine features into user stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Partner with Product Managers to understand and influence product strategy and roadmaps, aggregate and conceive ideas for enhancing product performance and achieving product success/KPIs.
- Partner with a scrum team to build, enhance and manage one or more products, capabilities or services.
- Facilitate solution optioning with Engineering.
- Coordinate with other Agile Product Managers to deliver on a vision that crosses multiple delivery streams or release trains.
Sales and Client Engagement:
- Partner with sales, sales operations, client solutions, and client marketing teams to communicate product performance and value for in-market products.
Youll gauge our product performance and help us improve our performance.
Whats In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected. That starts with Coxs competitive pay and other compensation perks: 401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc. We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- We know youre always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, youll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you.
- Youll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have a hands-on experience in transforming an industry.
- Youll quite literally have an opportunity to make the world a better place. Across the Cox family of businesses, weve launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability.
Who You Are
- Your Bachelors Degree is likely in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or Communications, or a related field.
- Youve got at least 3 years of experience (or a combo of work-related experience and education).
Working knowledge of Product specialty/job area principles concepts, practices.
- Familiarity with Data Warehouses/Lakes/ELTs
- Minor SQL knowledge is a must
- Working knowledge of SAFe Agile Methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables.
- Strong writing ability.
- Work experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Working experience in creating, prioritizing and recommending epics and features.
- Working experience in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
Apply now to join the Cox family of businesses!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands