Regional Sales Executive, Mobility Fleet Services - Kansas City
Cox Automotive, Kansas City, MO 64161
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3901 N Skiles Ave, Kansas City, MO, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 224585
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Dickinson Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Dickinson Fleet Services (DFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country. DFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. DFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
Cox Automotive / DFS is currently hiring a Regional Sales Executive to join our Field Sales Team to support future growth of the Company. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
Important Role as We Expand our U.S. Footprint, Bringing in New Business and Expanding Accounts
If you are a driven and tenacious sale professional, bring your career to a fast-growing national industry leader. Heres why:
- You will assume entrepreneurial ownership of a region and there are no limits around industries or service agreement size you can pursue.
- Youll focus on finding and closing new business and also maintain executive-level relationships with clients to expand accounts
- You bring in the business and well reward you for it - a strong performer can earn plenty in commission.
- You will sell multiple services, including a turnkey fleet management solution, mobile on-site service and more, all incorporating cutting-edge proprietary technology.
- There will be travel locally but there is a large number of national fleet customer contact based in the area, you should be able to score some early victories and build on the momentum.
- Selling . . . Lets begin here! First and foremost, you will sell our portfolio of services to regional and national customers. The portfolio includes mobile on-site service, mechanical services, collision repair, refurbishment and restoration, along with equipment sales and installation.
- Building and maintaining long-standing relationships with executives and other key decision-makers in your book of business. You will ensure strong relationships from the C-level down to support retention and account growth - in fact, there is a significant opportunity to upsell to the existing customer base, particularly if they have multiple locations.
- Fostering productive working relationships with your customers is a vital component of this role.
- Identifying business opportunities across your market by researching prospective fleet customers and evaluating their position in the industry. Researching and analyzing sales options to maximize the customers potential with Dickinson Fleet Services.
- Selling our services by establishing contact and developing relationships with business executives. Providing fleet management solutions to sell Dickinson Fleet Services as a company destination for all fleet maintenance needs.
- Maintaining relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; and recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Preparing and delivering customer reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Keys to Success:
We are looking for a true hunter with a never-ending desire to win and close deals. Youll need a strong entrepreneurial spirit to pursue new business, as well as the tenacity to stay upbeat and positive even after hearing "no." This will require you to work independently, from motivating yourself to managing your pipeline to coordinating among internal resources. At the same time, we take a team-oriented approach across DFS. Youll collaborate with the Major Market leadership to ensure your strategies support market goals, and also partner with different departments within DFS.
We understand that there will be a learning curve as you become familiar with our business and markets. At the same time, you should be proactive about getting up to speed quickly.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Sales Executive, you will:
- Enjoy learning growing and remain open to constructive feedback.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as the sales environment changes.
- Be comfortable presenting to senior executives, internally and externally - you may be invited to report on your efforts at DFS executive meetings.
- Manage multiple activities and priorities effectively.
- Deliver excellent customer service, both externally and internally.
- Pay attention to details while also grasping the big picture and how the details fit into it.
Our goal is to bring on experienced sales professionals who are highly motivated and able to meet and exceed targets independently. To be a good fit for the Sales Executive opportunity, you will have:
- Bachelors degree in related field and 5 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors degree highly preferred.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record required.
- Full-cycle direct B2B sales experience and a proven track record in high-volume sales.
- A demonstrated ability to sell service agreements.
- Experience selling across multiple states and geographies is strongly preferred.
- A track record of success in selling to a variety of leaders, from fleet managers to business owners.
- Strong self-discipline and a proven ability to manage a large book of business autonomously, including a consistent approach to making cold calls and setting confirmed appointments.
- Computer competency and experience with Microsoft office applications; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- High energy, passion and a competitive spirit - you should be driven to win and close deals.
- A process orientation and structured approach.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities and make optimal use of your time.
- A flexible attitude and openness to learning.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities, including listening skills.
- Travel within region and you should expect to be in the field 4 days a week.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Michele Marie PR is hiring-Head of Sales and Business Development
Michele Marie Pr, New York, NY USA or Los Angeles, CA USA