Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202320
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The UX Designer is responsible for the behavior of tasks and processes that users encounter at the web interface level. They are focused on helping users successfully achieve goals and complete tasks. Translates project goals into an intuitive interactive experience. They will develop and/or contribute to prototype development so that the experience design can be validated by testing. Communicates functional design to delivery teams.
Working closely with a cross-functional team to assess product requirements, create interfaces based on user-centered design models that will be translated into user-interface interaction documentation that promote ease of use and a positive user experience
This person is metric sensitive and understands that success is based on meeting both customer behavior and revenue goals.
Their portfolio must demonstrate a depth of experience with emphasis on user-interface design for digital applications, including complex data-driven web sites and multi-screen applications, with mobile experience needed.
They must be able to translate their interaction design concepts across platforms to show the appropriate degree consistency while respecting the unique interactions associated with the platform.
They will assist in development of a user interface design style guide that incorporates the interaction design elements used across product user interfaces, and conceive, document, and evangelize user experience principles and standards company wide.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target customers and business needs by assisting in user research activities, including persona development and evangelism, heuristic evaluation, and usability reviews.
- Leads the assessment of competitive user experiences. Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings.
- Examine web analytics to inform user interactions and designs.
- Must establish collaborative working relationships with product, design, content, and development team members to ensure we deliver a highly usable product that generates positive business return.
- Facilitates user scenario planning and tasks with the Product team.
- Translates business requirements into simple, highly usable, and compelling interface layouts; defining how the user interacts with site functionality. Creates comprehensive site maps, user flows, wireframes, and interactive mock-ups/prototypes (lo/high fidelity).
- Integrates personas/segmentations with related deliverables.
- Utilizes the Design System to facilitate a familiar, delightful, and efficient user experience.
- Collaborate with technical teams to determine data accessibility and understand technology constraints/advantages for the design structure to ensure products meet performance, scalability, and reliability goals.
- Ensure developers understand specifications.
- Support usability testing by creating working models of the experience design.
- Create and support the information architecture of navigation, content, etc.
- Experience in designing for mobile devices. Responsive design experience a plus.
- Champion user needs and product usability while balancing business and technical constraints.
- Articulate rationale behind interface decisions and how to prioritize interface features.
- Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing processes.
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Must be a knowledgeable in user-centered design methods, techniques, and principles.
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proficient use of UX design tools such as Axure, Figma, Sketch or similar.
- Should have an interest in human beings, how they think, their behaviors and limitations. You should be able to think like our users.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Group facilitation a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Be able to make intuitive leaps to appropriately hypothesize product design solutions.
- Be able to understand the big picture along with expert attention to fine detail.
- Be able to convincingly articulate ideas and rationale.
- Able to deal with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of whats possible in the digital space.
- Avid learner. Stays up to date on latest trends and research in product design and web/mobile technologies.
- Must be able to work individually and as a team.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.