Digital Marketing Manager
Cox Automotive, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 1901 S Meyers Rd, Oakbrook Terrace, IL, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 224963
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Candidates must reside in Eastern or Central time zone.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for building and executing a world-class digital marketing strategy for our Cox Automotive Upside brand and support Inventory Management Solutions (IMS) portfolio of brands. This role will lead our digital strategy, execution, and measurement against KPIs. Were looking for a tech-savvy, data-driven Marketer to help our businesses expand reach and engagement with our core and new target audiences and enable the continued transformation of our websites, social channels, digital platforms and tools into effective inbound marketing vehicles and lead generation engines.
Collaboration, effective communications, and leadership are critical to the success in this role. This position will partner with marketing counterparts across Cox Automotive and IMS, leverage agencies and roll up their sleeves to develop and execute high-impact campaigns and digital strategies, from display and email to paid search, SEO and social. Proficiency and demonstrated expertise in integrated media and marketing programs, including website development, SEM, SEO, social, email marketing, content marketing, video and display advertising is required. This role will report to the Director, Digital Marketing.
- Planning | Support product and digital marketing teams with all aspects of multi-channel digital media campaign planning, activation, industry outreach, tracking and quality assurance primarily for the Upside brand. Strategize effective cross-channel campaign marketing tactics with external partners and internal product marketing team. Support organic/paid social campaigns across multiple platforms at once, including reviewing content, and coordinating weekly reports. Create monthly campaign calendars for all channels to organize active campaigns, email deployments, and product announcements. Ensure all stakeholders are on the same page with thorough updates in our project management tool, Basecamp. Manage weekly tactical and strategy meetings and ensure on-time, accurate execution of campaigns.
- Collaboration | Work closely with the product marketing team and other BUs to develop effective multi-channel digital campaigns and content marketing programs. Support paid ads by managing assets, campaign set-ups in Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager and supervise campaign performance with external agency using Trade Desk. Monitor digital channels and user-generated content for bad reviews, negative comments and other inappropriate social activity; escalate notable comment to key stakeholders and executes response plans via social channels.
- Reporting | Assist product and digital marketing teams with performance analytics across all channels including GA360/Uberflip/Terminus along with campaign specific tracking, analytics, analysis and measurement. Support financial management of campaigns, project management, and day-to-day campaign logistics. Manage daily conversations with internal team and external partners.
- BS/BA in related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
- Generally 5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related field
- 5+ years B2B and/or digital marketing experience
- Automotive industry experience a strong plus
- Agency experience preferredProfessional knowledge and experience within platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Uberflip, Terminus, HootSuite, Google Ads, Trade Desk, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Proven success in managing multi-channel media campaigns
- Experience using social media listening and monitoring tools a plus
- Strong work ethic - self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, including the ability to absorb data into actionable information for marketing and sales programs
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands