Senior Marketing Manager
Cox Automotive, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 1901 S Meyers Rd, Oakbrook Terrace, IL, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 224962
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Candidates must reside in Eastern or Central time zone.
The Senior Manager Product Marketing will influence marketing strategy into articulating Kelley Blue Book Instant Cash Offers point of view and value proposition for the business and audiences we serve in order to grow market share. The Senior Manager Product Marketing will be the market catalyst for the team, providing guiding views on key problems, competitors and differentiators grounded in data. You will be respected by cross-functional peers (product management, engineering, sales, business development, etc.) for your ability to identify opportunities, distinctive competencies, and positioning. You will lead the crafting of strategy around messaging and marketing as a compelling storyteller, biasing customers towards KBB ICO offerings. Additionally, you will serve as a leader of influence that gains internal support across all channels and drives demand into the sales pipeline. The Senior Manager Product Marketing will anticipate potential problems in driving complex solutions and is active in customer conversations in the field, events and online.
In the role of a Senior Manager Product Marketing you will be responsible for leading the deployment and enablement of the overall marketing plan, product/service messaging and positioning, and definition of the target persona and the narrative for the demand generation campaigns that support KBB ICO products and services. This role works across product management, engineering, business development, operations, external partners (i.e. marketing and media agencies), corporate marketing teams, and the direct sales organization to orchestrate the go-to-market plan. As a Senior Manager Product Marketing, you must be self-motivated, must have demonstrated excellent leadership in challenging situations, collaboration, and proficient business acumen, and have expertise in the B2B, software and/or automotive industries. This position reports to the Director of Marketing. The Senior Manager will be responsible for effectively managing two KBB ICO marketing managers who will execute on brand awareness, lead generation and sales enablement activities.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy, their jobs to be done, and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned; develop strategies and tactics to grow market share and securing our flanks
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and business owners to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas and segments
- Understand and document our buyers process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Craft buyer journeys and develop marketing content that drives engagement and qualified leads
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers. Socialize, gain input and buy-off across BU teams and within marketing. Provide regular stakeholder updates on marketing plan execution and results.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the marketing launches of net-new products and existing product enhancements, manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as a primary thought leader for the products you support internally and externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Create marketing and sales assets (data sheets, battlecards, one-pagers, web assets, ads, "buddy" emails and more) for all phases of the marketing and sales lifecycle using the foundational value proposition and Challenger messaging.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Own communication internally and externally for all aspects related to your product. Manage and own the product marketing calendar and timelines for print and digital (email, social, website, webinars). Collaborate with public relations on identifying thought leadership opportunities in the press.
- Manage a marketing manager direct report who supports the KBB Instant Cash Offer marketing plan execution, sales support, and digital marketing activities. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will establish clear marketing priorities and KPIs for the marketing manager. He/she will be responsible for training, motivating, and directing the marketing manager to optimize productivity, promote professional growth, and meet business goals.
- BS/BA in related discipline (Masters degree preferred in some areas) OR ane quivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Generally 7+ years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- 5+ years of solid experience in B2B marketing, product marketing or product development
- Pragmatic Marketing certification a plus
- Subject matter expertise and/or automotive industry experience a strong plus
- Dynamic marketer with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, third parties and customers. Must be a strong team player.
- Must be a strong public speaker and a solid writer
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools (i.e., Salesforce)
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Pardot and Google Analytics
- Comfortable using networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Travel - under 20%
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Audience Engagement Manager, CNBC Direct to Consumer
NBCUniversal, LLC, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey