Product Marketing Manager
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 225124
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for developing and maintaining cross-business marketing partnerships and integrations across marketing solutions within Cox Automotive (CAI). The primary responsibility of the PMM role is to develop the holistic go-to market approach that articulates the value of Autotraders solutions that connect with various brands/products within the Cox Automotive portfolio. Its incumbent upon this role to clearly demonstrate the incremental value clients and prospects obtain, by utilizing connected solutions that amplify the ability to engage with consumers and increase vehicle exposure. These brands include, but are not limited to, Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Dealer.com, vAuto, VinSolutions and others underneath the CAI umbrella. These initiatives and campaigns will be elevated by partnering with the Data and Analytics teams, as well as Research and Insights to identify competitively different and disruptive opportunities for the business.
This role will be responsible for building programs that include client marketing campaigns, promotional and incentive plans, sales enablement and training materials and event and thought leadership opportunities.
- Develop and oversee the Autotrader led cross-brand product marketing solution strategy, identifying unique positioning and value propositions by using research, data and insights to build campaigns for targeted audiences.
- Develop process to work with cross - business marketing partners on a regular cadence to identify new promotional and selling opportunities and evaluate campaigns
- Develop and maintain sales enablement materials to support marketing campaigns and promotions including Sales sheets, training, talk tracks, etc.
- Regularly leverage research, data, and insights to identify new opportunities for the business that will drive revenue and product adoption
- Work with internal and external agencies to execute campaigns in various channels including, social, website, email, digital display, webinars, etc.
- Report out on campaign metrics and deliver insights based on performance
- Collaborates with internal and external communications teams to ensure key messaging is integrated across executive communications, team member communications, product communications, and industry communications/PR
- Partner with brands/solutions to develop a content calendar that illustrates timelines for key deliverables
- B.A. Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Generally 5+ years of progressive experience in marketing for a sales-driven organization
- MBA preferred
- Automotive experience a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in a management or lead role strongly preferred
- Product, portfolio, or solutions marketing experience for a B2B organization
- Strong collaboration skills; team player with a customer-centric focus and the ability to develop partnerships in a matrixed organization
- Track record of utilizing research and insights to identify new market opportunities and develop customer strategies to execute against those opportunities
- Balanced mix of strategic and executional capabilities with strong written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Project Management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of digital marketing acumen
- Ability to work with remote management and teams
- Deep knowledgeable of marketing strategy with proven experience in writing and executing marketing plans with digital, traditional and social media channels
- The ideal candidate will have experience in product marketing, portfolio/solutions marketing executing the campaigns for matrixed organizations, orchestrating all functions within a marketing team. This candidate should also be comfortable working with a wide range of internal business stakeholders including Product Management, Product Readiness, Technology, Dealer/Commercial Sales, Client Experience, Internal/External Communications. This position reports to the Director, Marketing, Autotrader
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.