Senior Product Operations Manager
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202692
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Senior Manager of Product Operations is responsible for leading product management discipline standards across a product delivery stream and driving initiatives of strategic importance to the organization to enable product management excellence. This role works cross-functionally with key partners in the product development lifecycle, to define and execute best practices, facilitate learning to educate team members, and drive adoption of these standards. This role is responsible for driving a successful step-change improvement in product management practices to ensure our product development efforts achieve maximum impact in our market.
This position will work alongside Product Leaders and be directly responsible for leading strategic initiatives intended to support a high performing product management organization. The ability to execute is paramount, with an emphasis on shifting work processes and deliverables to align with best practices and ultimately build stronger products.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated to define structure, establish processes and possesses the skills to build consistent reporting to measure product performance. This role will report to the Senior Director Product Operations and Commercialization and will be instrumental in building out product operations best practices, processes, and success measures across the Cox Automotive Product organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Consultation & Influencing: Partner with multiple Product Management teams across the delivery stream to define best practices, lead implementation of formal processes, drive adoption and sustained behavioral change. Ability to serve as a peer leader and influencer for our product leaders and be responsive to their needs.
- Product Management & Best Practices: Drive product management practices across multiple product teams. Implement processes that improve product management maturity and skills as well as elevate our go-to-market planning and ensuring commercialization goals are met. Keep the voice and perspective of the customer present in the product process.
- Product Reporting and Performance: Measure and report on KPIs, as well as assist product teams in developing action plans for risks and issues that arise. Establish / Strengthen proper internal controls to ensure compliance of established procedures.
- Skill-Building: Support training sessions and workshops to build team members product management capability. Leverage and adapt programs from the enterprise Product Center of Excellence.
- Product Roadmap Management: Work with Business and Product leaders to document and communicate the Product Roadmap across all boundary partners.
- Voice of Client: Keeps the voice and perspective of the customer present throughout the entire lifecycle of the product. Promote client-centric value propositions and positioning to inform commercialization strategy.
- Communication: Effectively uses persuasion and negotiation techniques with boundary partners. Builds networks of support for ideas and/or initiatives. Synthesizes information quickly and tailors messaging to audiences. Able to represent Cox Automotive at high-profile and/or public events.
- Change Management: Ability to drive change and create team alignment. Sees the connection point across initiatives and calculates the impact to adoption. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to ongoing changes.
- Project Management: Engage Product leaders and team members to drive solutions to important, highly complex problems, where cross-department considerations are often present. Create, execute and track milestone-based product management discipline programs.
- Travel required up to 20%
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience with 5+ years of related experience in product or project management, consulting experience a plus.
- Proven ability to develop and manage relationships across disciplines
- Experience building processes and systems to track performance using KPIs, metrics, analytics, dashboards etc.
- Experience in Agile or Scrum
- Experience in operational and change management
- Experience in customer expectation and relationship management
- Experience in project management
- Experience in product management
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.