Senior Technical Writer
Cox Automotive, North Hills, NY 11040
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3400 New Hyde Park Rd, North Hills, NY, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202580
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Automotive is looking for a Senior Technical Writer who can capture and document detailed app specifications, functional requirements, technical reference materials,
How-to documentation and work with tools that can build the API documentation. You will be working closely with product and engineering teams and will be focusing on building the API content strategy and then create, edit, and organize API documentation.
A Technical Writer at Cox Automotive is someone who loves to create the content necessary for customer success. Someone who can pivot, work independently but stay aligned, and collaborate daily. Someone with high standards who can still get the work out the door.
- You have over 7 years experience writing developer-facing documentation and other forms of technical content for software applications.
- You can Work in a growing product and development team specializing in API content.
- You can develop strong strategic partnerships with customers inside the company to understand their needs and what content will meet those needs.
- You can collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to make recommendations and provide strategic direction.
- You can identify and propose solutions for major improvements to existing or missing processes.
- You can explain the concept of how an API works, describe fields in detail within the API reference (we use OpenAPI schema and Swagger), and incorporate code examples within an integration guide.
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and love to bring order to chaos.
- You ask the right questions and get the right details from highly technical and busy people.
- You have previous experience with and know your way around wikis, blogs (we use SharePoint), and Git repositories (we use GitHub).
- You have tackled internal and external documentation projects that have made life easier for developers of all experience levels.
- You are not afraid of adjusting to changes midstream and are excited about using your creativity to solve problems.
- Bachelors degree in related field and 5+ years experience OR MS w/ 2+ years experience OR 9 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 7+ years of experience in application and APIs end to end flows documentation.
- Experience working with technical products and teams.
- Experience planning, researching, writing, and editing software documentation.
- Passionate about helping consumers of the technology, creating and shipping high-quality documentation
- Experience managing docs as code.
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills.
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation.
- Tech savvy.
- Business insight.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.