Senior Program Manager
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202458
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
*This position is remote/work from home. You need to reside within the Eastern or Central Time Zones.
Senior Program Managers are responsible for successful on-time/on-budget coordination and management of large-scale programs. Senior Program Managers must have a thorough understanding of Program & Project Management concepts and techniques and will evaluate project feasibility, establish priority, and define, plan and execute the activities necessary to reach the business objectives. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in successfully managing and delivering multi-project, enterprise efforts.
The role relies upon experience in relationship management, financial management, risk management, master plan management, communications, and delivery execution. The successful candidate will have experience in choosing the right program delivery model and success in leading a multi-year, enterprise, cross business unit program.
The candidate must have exceptional problem solving and decision -making skills and must demonstrate the ability to use a logical, systematic and creative approaches to problem solving. All candidates must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The Senior Program Manager must be able to maintain an active relationship with employees and provide mentoring, motivating, guiding and counseling as necessary. The Senior Program Manager will have frequent leadership interactions with senior executives and must have a well-developed sense of strategy and timing as well as excellent verbal, written, negotiation and presentation skills.
Prepare and Maintain the Program Plan:
- Participate in long-term and short-term program development and planning
- Establish and maintain a tight working partnership with business owners, executives and program teams to rationalize business objectives & business priorities.
- Establish a master plan framework for program tracking and control including processes for management of the program
- Translate program objectives into integrated plans, schedules and budgets
- Establish tracking and roll-up of project milestones and metrics for program level status reporting
- Establish and manage stakeholder expectations and revise plans and shift priorities, as needed and in conjunction with all participating parties, to ensure successful completion of the program
- Assists in defining the strategic objectives for programs.
- Support initiatives aligned to the Retail strategic plan
- Assists in identifying Executive Sponsors and/or Business Owners for the Program
- Maintain a working knowledge of Retail solutions, product suites, customers, and reporting capabilities, as well as baseline knowledge of Enterprise and other Cox Auto groups.
Provide Leadership and Direction for the Program Team:
- Lead and direct large programs and initiatives in support of Cox Auto Retails strategic objectives. Programs will often include teams from Technology, Sales, Marketing, Service, Product, Finance, HR and Training. Programs can also cross into other Cox Auto groups.
- Simultaneously manage work across multiple threads of the Program Management Framework, which includes business requirements & process definition and alignment, applications development,
- data conversions, systems coordination, communications, training, end user adoption (including training and change management), and benefits realization.
- Communicate the program objectives, priorities and direction to all stakeholders.
- Build and motivate the program teams.
- Ensure planned, regular, and effective communication of status, issues, risks, and actions among all persons and parties involved in the program.
- Assist with major decisions about resources, goals, and standards and assuring that all parties involved understand and incorporate within their delivery responsibilities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key executives and 3rd party vendors.
- Establishes and manages a program level change control process that allows for submission of changes and impact assessment of changes.
- Continuously monitor development process and proactively work to identify and resolve issues within the projects and across programs.
- Ensure appropriate project documentation is produced and archived on internal storage tool and intranet sites
- Bachelors degree in technical, business, or management and 7 years of program management experience in delivering large-scale projects (over $1M); experience must cover all phases of a project lifecycle (discovery, definition/design, development/testing, delivery and post-implementation support).
- Demonstrated experience leading and directing large teams consisting of resources from across the enterprise, including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Technology and HR.
- Demonstrated experience managing and directing employees, contractors and/or consultants in a matrix team setting.
- Demonstrated experience of managing programs over $1M.
- Strong relationship building skills with senior executives across various departments
- Proven ability to build successful teams including recruiting and hiring.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation, organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills; frequent interactions with senior level stakeholders.
- Experience in writing, reviewing and managing business specifications, technical specifications, project plans, training plans, communication plans, and other related project documentation.
- Ability to understand, interpret, manage and communicate technical and business teams needs, concerns, risk, issues and collisions across all departments.
- Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating complex team efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating program team members to complete tasks efficiently.
- Experience applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio) required.
- PMP or PgMP certification
- MBA or another advanced degree
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.