Workforce Vitality Specialist
Cox Automotive, Austin, TX 78759
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 10415 Morado Cir, Austin, TX, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 225288
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Workforce Vitality Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining an engaged and energetic workplace environment through employee programs, community volunteer programs, and wellness offerings for the Cox Automotive Product Group (CAPG).
Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Operations, this individual is responsible for planning, marketing, and executing programs and events while handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Tasks include building a variety of applicable employee engagement, volunteer, and culture related programs to help strengthen the employee engagement and wellbeing within CAPG.
We are looking for people can handle multiple priorities, is outgoing, works well with others and loves to help others with a passion for corporate culture and wellness. Bring your energy and make our team even stronger!
Primary Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Support the strategy and implementation of CAPG People & Culture initiatives.
- Actively engage in project and team discussions, offering meaningful ideas and insights to improve initiative outcomes.
- Maintain and build out calendar for community relations and employee programs across CAPG.
- Serve as the point of contact for employee questions regarding community relations and employee programs (new and ongoing) for CAPG.
- Develops wellbeing programs aligned to business priorities and engagement opportunities while keeping in mind the growing impact of a work-from-home environment.
- Strengthen and build relationships with non-profit partners
- Aids in the development of employee programs (incentives, special events, education series, etc.)
- Partners with our internal communications team on the creation, communication, and marketing of wellbeing and engagement programs.
- Go-to planner to structure and organize CAPG wide events and custom programs such as community engagement initiatives, employee recognition events, end of year celebrations, and key leadership and employee meetings.
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders and resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely project completion.
- May assist with other duties as programs evolve.
Required Experience and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 years of non-profit, community relations, and/or corporate social responsibility experience
- Bachelors degree (B. A.); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Exceptional planning, organization, and project management skills; able to effectively establish priorities, meet deadlines, work independently, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A fast learner with a ‘can do attitude and a desire to be accountable to self and others.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Belief in customer service standards and procedures.
- Belief in corporate culture and health and wellness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint).
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.