Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 7000 Central Pkwy, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202766
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Manheim Digital is looking for a unique individual who can provide strategic and tactical guidance to our clients and internal teams in ways that promote the adoption of our software and the success of our client programs. You are enthusiastic, creative, hungry to learn, and have a passion for solving real business challenges. You are a jack of all trades and have a broad cross-functional background. You enjoy sitting on the fence between the business and technical sides of an issue; you are happy to jump down into the weeds on either side of the fence to make sure the issue is well understood and that the technical solution is well-thought-out, flexible, and scalable. You have a startup mentality where changing, adapting, adjusting, and improving every day is just part of the job. You are inherently curious about how you can make things work, how you can make things better, and arent content waiting for others to get it done. "Self-starter" doesnt even begin to describe you. A high degree of responsiveness and independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You are the heart and soul of the client program, working in both interests of Manheim and the Client.
- Be the primary point of contact for client(s) for all aspects of the program including but not limited to the overall client solution from launch to ongoing enhancements to end of life
- Advocates and manages various client initiatives with multiple business stakeholders across the organization, ultimately leading to the achievement of the sales targets
- Plan, design, and direct the business requirement definition, configuration, and implementation of the software product to support client needs
- Overall responsibility for operational aspects of the program
- Responsible for developing & maintaining excellent client relationships on all levels with clients
- Develop & maintain collaborative relationships with our clients and business & technology stakeholders including Client Project Resources, Product Managers, Development, QA & Support, as appropriate to establish priorities and provide ongoing updates
- Tracks the teams overall progress to achieve organizational priorities within the requested deadlines
- Communicates proactively with the client on production recommendations, risks, challenges, and solutions
- Identify and escalate (when needed) risks and issues; Provide mitigation strategies to leadership
- Monitors and analyzes performance data and reports results to the client
- Conducts and leads status meetings regularly with the client and the internal teams, ensuring thorough communication with all stakeholders at all stages of every project
- Identify issues and opportunities within accounts and projects to provide solutions and potential sales opportunities
- Coach junior-level program leads
- Delivers formal internal strategy and execution presentations
- Provide product consultation and training expertise
- Coordinate with client for UAT. Assist in production release validation.
- BS/BA in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience required.
- 5 years of experience in a related field; certification is required in some areas
- 2-3 years of experience in project management
- Demonstrate performance in building and maintaining long-standing client relationships
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, large-scale, technology-driven projects with hands-on experience, knowledge, and understanding of underlying architecture, components, dependencies, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and follow-through required
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (BA, Dev, Ops, etc.) and with other business/technology groups within an organization
- Proven analytical skills and experience
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Generates innovative ideas and solutions to challenges/opportunities
- A balance of client relationship management, business management, operational, technical, and program management skills and experience preferred
- Must be able to influence and coach individuals on the program, requirements, and its value stream
- Effective at working in a highly matrixed environment
- Extensive professional knowledge of market segment, industry, and technology trends preferred
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Create the extraordinary.