Senior Product Manager
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226078
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Senior Product Manager role will be responsible for developing, managing and optimizing one or more products. The role includes, but is not limited to, contributing to and managing the product roadmap, overseeing the implementation and working in an agile environment with a cross-functional team to develop products that meet the needs of our consumers and clients. Manages small to medium-size products.
Primary Duties/Essential Responsibilities
- Identify, quantify, and effectively communicate customer market opportunities; analyze competitive landscape and validate solutions for future products.
- Partner with UX research, marketing research, client solutions, and business stakeholders to observe and solicit feedback from consumers and clients.
- Create Features aligned across products; manage feature creation, identify business rules and business impact; involve Product Delivery Managers to ensure delivery team is aligned to features and feature acceptance criteria; collaborate with other product managers to ensure alignment across products; participate in planning and pre/post-planning events (Demos and Inspect/Adapt).
- Work with the team on organizing, creating and presenting the quarterly plans to leadership
- Collaborate with Product Delivery Managers, UX architecture and others to execute work including prototyping and testing to validate solutions, support testing, partner with revenue and business stakeholders to develop integration strategies.
Sales & Client Engagement:
- Work with client solutions, product readiness, and marketing teams to communicate new product and approve positioning and develop go-to-market strategy, plans, and training materials. Minimal level of direct client engagement - approx 10%.
- Measure and monitor product KPI performance, and provide strategy and roadmap input accordingly; make end-of-life recommendations for non-performant products.
- Product Management - Applies standard techniques and tools to carry out analysis and performance monitoring activities for specified products. Supports problem resolution, resolves issues and acts on feedback and usage of in-life products. Creates product collateral and monitors results and feedback from product campaigns.
- Requirements & Definition Mgmt - Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition, and prioritization activities for small scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives. Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements. Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required. Prioritizes requirements and documents traceability to source. Reviews requirements for errors and omissions. Provides input to the product requirements. Investigates, manages and applies authorized requests for changes to based-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Work with Director of Product Management to provide product and operational reporting and analysis. This includes proactively defining, monitoring, and analyzing key performance metrics, related to operations readiness.
- Relationship Management - Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information. Collects and uses feedback from customers, stakeholders, and leadership to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships. Develop strong relationships with Product Delivery Manager.
- Innovation - Facilitates the innovation pipeline and executes innovation processes. Evolves and adapts innovation tools, processes and infrastructures to drive the process of innovation. Encourages and motivates innovation communities, teams and individuals to share creative ideas and learns from failures. Coordinates and facilitates the communication and open flow of creative ideas between interested parties and the set-up of innovation networks and communities.
- Advanced Project Management skills including demonstrated experience managing complex projects
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
What We Look For:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years experience OR MS w/ 2+ years experience OR 9 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Requires and applies a broad knowledge of business, product performance and industry principles, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge for SAFe Agile Methodology.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a variety of different domains, including Engineering, Finance, and Business Development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that can be applied across a diverse set of audiences.
- Basic understanding of engineering architecture with experience working with engineering teams to deliver products.
- Work experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Working experience in creating, prioritizing and recommending epics and features.
- Working experience in in conducting competitive research and analysis.
- Working experience in identifying KPIs and other analytics to measure product value.
- Working experience with executive presentations.
- Working experience in working with a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
To ensure every question is answered accurately, and every problem is solved completely.