Senior Valuation Ops Analyst
Cox Automotive, Irvine, CA 92618
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202956
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Senior Valuation Ops Analyst is responsible for determining the valuation of assigned used and new vehicles on a weekly basis. In order to successfully complete these responsibilities, the Senior Valuation Ops Analyst will analyze transaction data, correlate the forecast model output with market trends and collaborate with the Data Science team and other Analysts as required. In addition, the Senior Valuation Ops Analyst will provide status updates and recommendations to Management via reports and presentations concerning valuations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Report valuation trends to management via weekly and monthly reports and presentations.
- Take the lead on performing extensive ad hoc analyses for all relevant departments and senior management.
- Be point of contact for internal and external ad hoc requests as well as process improvements.
- Analyze new and used car transactions, historical data, and output from forecast models to determine vehicle valuations.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and other Valuation Analysts to discern trends affecting various segments of the industry.
- Provide support across all value types and engage with automotive dealers, manufacturers, financial institutions, and consumers as required.
- Assist and mentor Valuation Analysts as needed to further develop their skills.
- Review drafts of projects created by Valuation Analysts and provide feedback prior to final draft being submitted.
- Set project and/or enhancement requirements as determined by the department and upper management.
- Assist in the explanation of variances between forecast model and actuals.
- Provide industry insights to Data Science team for purposes of formulating more applicable statistical models.
- Review statistical output models from Data Science team, ensuring integrity and validity down to the trim level.
- Maintain open dialogue with Data Science team on a weekly basis, providing feedback from Valuations team.
- Refine the forecast model by understanding the output and independent variables.
- Keep current on trends, market conditions, product development, and other information related to new and used vehicles.
- Meet with representatives from automotive manufacturers, financial institutions, and dealers that leverage Cox Automotive values. This includes attending industry events such as seminars and product meetings as required.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 5%) by land and/or air.
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) in in economics, mathematics, statistics, business, or similar quantitative field is preferred, plus 5+ years of relevant work experience; or a Masters degree plus 2+ years of relevant work experience; or a PhD plus 0-2 years of relevant experience
In lieu of a degree, qualified candidates would require 9+ years of relevant professional experience
- Acute analytical abilities are essential for this position.
- Must be able to analyze and transform large data sets into meaningful insights and tools.
- Ability to interpret and validate the integrity of large data sets and report anomalies to Data Warehouse team.
- Ability to set requirements of data sets for the Data Warehouse team or external sources.
- Ability to normalize and integrate new data sets into existing analytical tools and reports.
- Ability to recommend improvements to internal methodology and processes.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of highly motivated analysts.
- Ability to draw conclusions, report and communicate valuation data trends effectively with management and other teams in a timely and clear manner.
- Ability to work independently and formulate analysis plans for ad hoc requests.
- Ability to train and help develop junior team members.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with data software such as SQL or Tableau is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Prior automotive experience preferred.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands