SEO Specialist I
Cox Automotive, Burlington, VT 05401
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 128 Lakeside, Burlington, VT, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202203006
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The SEO Specialist I is responsible for delivering on Dealer.coms Core, Standard and Advanced levels of Search Engine Optimization services to its subscribers to help them achieve their goals. This includes analyzing website performance data (traffic, rankings, etc.), evaluating the clients websites, and determining organic strategies to increase site performance. The The SEO Specialist I reports to clients in written form on work completed and any search-related challenges. The SEO Specialist I is expected to answer internal and client organic search and analytics questions, and participate on client calls as needed.
- Execute organic strategies on assigned websites strictly using white-hat tactics according to Googles best practices to improve client site performance and visibility on Dealer.coms web platform. Strategies include content writing and optimizations, metadata optimizations, schema markup implementation, canonicaling of URLs, 301 redirects, NAP alignment, and backlink building.
- Monitor organic website metrics and performance data utilizing Dealer.coms analytics platform, including, but not limited to, organic traffic, engagement, conversions, and keyword visibility to determine overall site effectiveness.
- Engage with users and stakeholders by creating client-facing reports including organic data and data-driven insights to ensure their understanding of site performance and visibility, on- and off-site optimizations and work completed, ongoing SEO strategy and expected results, and recommended areas of opportunities.
- Utilize third party tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Trends, Moz, SEM Rush, Majestic SEO, and Copyscape to determine organic trends, causes, and strategy opportunities.
- Evaluate data fluctuations over time and troubleshoot negative trends in organic performance and visibility, determining causes and potential solutions for corrective actions.
- Complete SEO related client requests on a quarterly basis, like keyword and market research, site optimizations and adjustments, local search optimizations, and further data analysis and insights.
- Stay current on SEO and online marketing topics by monitoring search industry websites, forums, blogs, and news.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Hourly pay rate is $13.04 - 18.24/hour. The hourly rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidates experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or other related field preferred or equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 0-2 years professional experience.
- Understanding of how search algorithms work.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization tactics.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, driven, and enthusiastic.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Demonstrable experience creating and executing SEO campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and broad website concepts.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Competencies For Success:
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Time Management
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA