Sr UX Researcher
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226214
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our talented team and help us deliver intuitive and transformative experiences for our clients and team members.
The Sr. UX Researcher works closely with other UX practitioners, product managers, strategists, and stakeholders to propose and conduct user research studies. They are responsible for coordinating, planning, executing, and reporting on research across Cox Automotive Inventory Services and Marketplace Solutions products, services and platforms.
This individual must have a passion for user experience research specifically as it relates to software development.
- Provide insights to help inform and execute on product strategy and tactics by conducting both formative (e.g., ethnographic research, contextual interviews) and evaluative (e.g., lab/remote sessions, usability testing) research
- Identifies the proper research methods based upon product phase and timeline
- Creates research protocols and schedules
- Recruits test participants, creating screeners and managing participant scheduling and related vendor interactions for recruiting if needed.
- Sets up and facilitates testing for quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques in accordance with product goals and in support of data-driven / informed design.
- Work cross-functionally with teams to shape and execute plans based on business needs and growth initiatives for both existing and new products throughout the software development lifecycle, often with numerous research initiatives occurring concurrently
- Uncover actionable insights and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization to help the business grow
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming sessions, needs analysis, features, and functionality workshops
- Investigate and evaluate User Experience Research trends in the industry and communicate recommendations to the UX leadership team aimed at enhancing processes, incorporating new or innovative ideas, increasing research velocity/value/efficacy and/or recommending new methodologies and tools as appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of the UX Designer role
- Compensation includes a base salary of $84,660 - 118,626. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidates experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- Possesses broad expertise in end-user data collection involving complex web and mobile software applications and understands most, if not all, of the following:
- 1:1 task-based testing, in-person and remote
- Iterative discovery / formative testing
- Remote unmoderated testing
- Open/closed card sorting
- Focus groups
- Ethnography/day in the life
- Contextual inquiry & field studies
- 1:1 in-depth interviews
- Concept testing / desirability studies
- Prototype testing
- Survey creation
- Persona research and creation
- Client Journey research and creation
- Strong user experience research foundation and flexible approach
- Strong reporting skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance user experience
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, designers, product managers and engineering development team members
- Experience with Mural, Qualtrics, Figma, Adobe Analytics, session replay software and/or other research or prototyping tools is desirable
- Extensive portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes, creation of long-term research plans, and demonstrated proficiency with interaction design
- Bachelors degree in related field and 5+ years experience OR MS w/ 2+ years experience OR 7 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 5+ years related work experience. Or MasterUX research experience must include an established, heavily trafficked, consumer-facing web site or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Experimental Design or equivalent work experience.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands