Cox Automotive, Burlington, VT 05401
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 1 Howard Street, Burlington, VT, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 225900
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
UX Architect Job Description
The UX Architect is responsible for owning the full UX process; product discovery and strategy, user research, information architecture, prototyping concepts, and visual design. UX Architects work to identify and translate user needs into digital products and applications. UX Architects drive the evolution of User Experience at Cox Automotive through education, advocacy, and thought leadership. As a key member of a core Agile team, this position collaborates with product and engineering leaders to deliver features that delight customers while delivering on business objectives.
- Manage project with designers, analysts, product managers, and engineers to improve the user experience.
- Create enjoyable and performant customer experiences through product discovery techniques, iterating on designs, and gathering feedback
- Transform user needs prioritized by business goals into testable questions
- Keep abreast of industry developments and new technologies
- Design and evaluate visual human interfaces using user-centered design principles, while accommodating technical needs/constraints
- Develop UX related documentation, such as research findings, journey maps, use cases, user profiles, and mental models
- Define the information architecture and interaction flow of new features
- Present conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes to key stakeholders
- Analyze behavioral usage data, conduct surveys and interviews, and review competitive analysis to gain deep product insights and make recommendations for product optimization
- Mentor and multiply skills in junior UX roles
- Compensation includes a base salary of $126,600 - 168,700. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidates experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelors degree or Masters degree in HCI, Graphic Design, Behavioral Research, or a related field or comparable industry experience
- 8+ years championing and delivering on UX best practices
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycles
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards and universal design principles
- Experience with design sprints in an Agile development process, and Lean UX methodologies
- Experience in moderating qualitative usability sessions, designing quantitative research studies/methods, and conducting exploratory user research methods (ethnographic research, personas, jobs to be done, etc.)
- Ability to influence business partners and colleagues through effective leadership and demonstrated expertise on best practices
- Strong proficiency wire-framing and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with front-end code and web/mobile-based environments
- Experience with mobile, tablet and responsive design
- Ability to gather and synthesize different types of usability research and quantitative metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive problem solving; able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.