SEO Specialist II
Cox Automotive, Burlington, VT 05401
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 128 Lakeside, Burlington, VT, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202985
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
This position is remote/work from home and can be located anywhere within the United States.
SEO Specialist is the clients point-of-contact for all organic search related questions and concerns. Besides the monthly scheduled calls to review work and strategize, the client also as direct access to the Specialist via email or phone as needed.
- Communicate with clients via regular monthly conference calls to review website performance, work completed as part of the SEO program, present strategies for the following month, collaborate on additional strategies to help the client achieve their goals, and generally act as consultant for clients online search presence.
- Act as SEO account manager, providing clients with direct access (call, email) to answer concerns, defend the service by reinforcing the value of Dealer.coms SEO programs, or save potential cancellations.
- To improve client site performance in search engines, and utilizing Dealer.coms web platform, execute on strategies using strictly white-hat search engine optimization tactics. Including content writing and optimization, metadata optimization, schema markup implementation, canonicaling of URLs, 301 redirects, NAP alignment, and natural backlink building.
- Utilizing Dealer.coms analytics platform, analyze and evaluate website performance including, but not limited to, organic visits, visitors, form submissions, conversion rate, bounce rate, and visibility (keyword ranking data) to determine level of client performance and identify areas of opportunities.
- Write client-facing reports on how website is performing to help them understand the benefits of Dealer.coms SEO program. Reports include details on the impact of the SEO campaign, specific key performance metrics, challenges the site is facing, solutions to those challenges, and the work completed along with the reasoning behind the effort.
- To assist with identification of potential site improvements, utilize 3rd party tools like Copyscape, Majestic SEO, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Trends, and Moz Pro.
- Troubleshoot negative trends in key performance indicators and search engine visibility. With assistance, determine cause of trend and take corrective action.
- Complete search engine related requests from clients like market research, webpage optimization, Google Local optimization, and analysis of analytics on demand.
- Hourly pay rate is $17.85 - 25.01/hour. The hourly rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidates experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
Required Experience (minimum):
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related field preferred or equivalent work experience may be considered
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Understanding of how search algorithms work
- Knowledge of search engine optimization tactics
- Strong customer service and client relationship skills required
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, driven, and enthusiastic
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Willing to train search engine optimization
What We Look For (preferred):
- Demonstrable experience creating and executing SEO campaigns
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and broad website concepts
- Previous client relationship, account management, experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA