Senior UX Designer
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226085
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The User Experience Designer is part of the UX team and works collaboratively with the Product and Engineering delivery teams to design the next generation online car buying experience, Esntial Commerce. This individual draws from a deep understanding of design systems, standards and best practices to innovate and create amazing user experiences for our software solutions. The Designer must think strategically, collaborate across disciplines, be self-driven, and execute with an eye for detail. The ideal candidate enjoys working with other team members to solve complex user/business problems and can easily adapt and grow within a fast-paced and innovative environment. They must have a passion for design, an outstanding set of user experience and product design skills, and a desire to continuously improve and elevate the experiences our customers have with our products.
- Design simple, and engaging and intuitive experiences and interactions, in both web and native/hybrid ecosystems
- Create design deliverables such as wireframes, mockups, user personas, and interactive prototypes.
- Participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work
- Create innovative design concepts based on a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives; willingness to try new approaches and iterate
- Consume and contribute back to our design language including applying design resources such as templates, Sketch symbols, icon libraries, reusable app components, style guides, design standards, and brand standards to your work.
- Work in an agile environment providing design communication and assets for the team
- Keep abreast of the latest UX design and technology trends
- Support the overall visual design of products including color palette, typography, iconography, and style
- Leverage user research and usability tests and incorporate the findings into your design decisions
- Estimate effort, plan schedules and manage time effectively
- Obtain buy-in from stakeholders, explaining how your design solution addresses the identify problem/ user need
- Support Agile delivery and respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers, and team leads
- Understand technical, business, and time limitations, and design within these constraints
- A Bachelors degree preferred in a related field (HCI, UX Design, Product Design)
- 5+ years of experience designing web and mobile apps, 7+ years of general design experience
- Proven expertise in Sketch, Figma, InVision, Marvel or other design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Deep understanding of and experience with the full UX design process including information architecture, app interactions & behaviors, lo-fi wires, high-fidelity mockups, and rapid prototyping.
- Understanding and knowledge of mobile human interface guidelines (Apples HIG and Googles Material Design), current possibilities and limitations of hardware and operating systems, and basic design requirements of a complete mobile app (icon and artwork sizes, necessary screenshots, splash screens, screen resolutions, retina graphics, etc.)
- Proven expertise with modern desktop, mobile and SaaS design
- Experience with designing experiences B2C or B2B
- Strong preference for candidates with an eCommerce background
- Solid understanding of experience design principles and best practices
- Flexibility and openness to feedback from cross-functional team members
- Strong prioritization, planning and time management skills
- Experience with Lean UX, Agile Methodology and Design Thinking
- Confidence and knowledge to assess and solve complex or large scale UX projects
- Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks effectively without close supervision
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think fast and slow and know when to do each.
- Personality, individual flair, and sense of humor to help round out our existing team.
- Portfolio containing examples of digital design solutions and your thought process, success and failures, getting to that outcome.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands