Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226258
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Research Manager to join our team in Atlanta, Georgia. For candidates outside of the Atlanta area, we will consider a remote employee. You must reside in the Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone in the United States. For candidates in the Atlanta area, this role offers a flexible, hybrid working environment.
As part of the Research, Marketing Intelligence and Pricing team, the Research Manager will be a strategic contributor helping to drive meaningful research and insights throughout Cox Automotive. They will be a key primary research expert playing a pivotal role in not only gathering data insights but also translating these insights into meaningful findings to align with business goals and drive results. The Research Manager will be responsible for managing both quantitative and qualitative projects and moderating interviews and focus groups.
- Manage the project lifecycle and prioritization process for studies that youre assigned.
- Define, plan, organize, monitor and oversee project in accordance to business requirements, objectives and priorities.
- Organize the work and determine the most effective approach to completing the work, including appropriate resource needs and program budgets.
- Serve as key consultant and trusted advisor on research methodologies to Client Services team.
- Deliver defined project output to Client Services team on time, within budget and with quality results.
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plan and identify trigger events for initiating action and mitigating complications.
- Proactively manage change to baseline scope, schedule and cost variables, communicating impacts and facilitating decisions.
- Utilize a variety of quantitative research techniques (segmentation, brand tracking, concept testing, etc.)
- Utilize a variety of qualitative research techniques (in-depth interviews, focus groups, online, etc.),
- Moderate in-depth interviews and focus groups.
- Connect findings to other research results (qualitative or quantitative) secondary information, other internal data or business KPIs as appropriate.
- Package findings in clear, concise reports ensuring key business questions are adequately answered.
- Require in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Works/solves problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Works independently with limited supervision; uses independent thought, conducts analysis and makes recommendations to management
- Displays best-in-service qualities when working with the R&MI team and internal partners.
- Establish and maintain a tight working partnership with the Research & Market Intelligence (Client Services) team.
- Produce and maintain appropriate project documentation for all research initiatives managed by the Research COE team and across the department.
- Manage vendor evaluation and management efforts, including but not limited to vendor capabilities assessment, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor review efforts.
- Proactively stay abreast of latest research approaches, methodologies and trends (including participation in research industry and Research association events) - providing regular updates to Research team at large.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics or related field and 6+ years primary research experience with B2B and B2C primary research.
- 3+ years of experience moderating in-depth interviews and focus groups.
- Able to spot trends in data, with ability to drill down to the details
- Big picture context - broader, bigger brand implications
- Distill data/information into a concise story, with the ability to creatively tell the story through visuals.
- MBA, MMR or other advanced degree.
- Research supplier experience (e.g. a research company).
- A compulsive deep diver: naturally nosy, with a love for going beyond the obvious and the mental agility to look for the best solutions from multiple perspectives.
- Superb organizer: always on top of the detail, proactive, forward-thinking with exceptionally good project and team management.
- Experience in simultaneously managing clients, projects and vendors.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA