Product Marketing Manager
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226179
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team. This position is remote/work from home. You must reside in the Eastern Time Zone, Central Time Zone or Pacific Time Zone of the United States.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for product positioning, messaging, lead generation and executing targeted, strategic marketing programs for Inventory Management Solutions (IMS) software products. This is a highly collaborative role, and the Product Marketing Manager works lockstep with Product, Sales, Operations, Business Leaders, Performance Management, Finance, and external marketing agency teams to implement a product marketing plan that effectively builds brand awareness, supports lead generation, enables the sales team, and drives revenue growth for assigned products.
The Product Marketing Manager will be the expert on their designated products, target markets, and competition and can translate this knowledge into high-impact content and marketing campaigns that clearly communicate the product value. The Product Marketing Manager will collaborate with the broader Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, and Brand teams to craft innovative marketing programs and tactics that promote thought leadership and deliver customer value.
This position reports to the Director, Product Marketing.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. Conduct qualitative and quantitative market research to capture dealer sentiment, challenges and buying trends and apply insights to marketing strategies and plans.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Monitor competitive activity and work with the Market Intelligence team to understand competitive strategies to secure our flanks.
- Collaborate with product management to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas and segments. Work with creative agency to translate the positioning into creative briefs for marketing campaigns.
- Understand and document our buyers journey and jobs-to-be-done, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Drive changes to our product, product marketing and sales strategies based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with the digital marketing team, focusing on brand awareness, lead generation, and sales enablement activities to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new buyers. Socialize and gain input and buy-off across BU teams and within marketing. Provide regular stakeholder updates on marketing plan execution and results.
- Own marketing communications strategy for your assigned products and develop and manage the marketing calendar and timelines for print and digital work (including email, social, website, webinars and more). Collaborate with public relations on identifying thought leadership opportunities throughout the year and coordinate with the appropriate business leaders. Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on any recommended shifts in strategy.
- Plan the marketing launches of new products and product enhancements and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan. Attend weekly product launch update meetings and represent product marketing in the cross-functional program management go to market.
- Act as a thought leader for the product you support externally and internally, including developing presentations and written works.
- Create marketing and sales assets (i.e., data sheets, 1-pagers, web and email assets, videos, case studies, blogs, battlecards, sizzle sheets, testimonials, "buddy" emails, and more) for all phases of the marketing and sales lifecycle using the foundational value proposition and Challenger messaging.
- Understand and support our sales channels, training them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users. Develop internal tools and content and teach them how and when to use it.
- BA/BS in related field and 6+ years of B2B marketing experience OR an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, including the ability to absorb data into actionable information for marketing and sales programs
- Ability to effectively manage a marketing budget and third-party partners
- Must be a strong team player
- Familiar with marketing automation and reporting tools (i.e., Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, DOMO, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Comfortable using business networking tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Travel - under 20%
- Software as a Service marketing experience
- Pragmatic Marketing certification
- Automotive retail experience
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA