Senior Program Manager
Cox Automotive, Atlanta, GA 30319
Work at Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202997
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Senior Program Manager manages large-scale, high-risk technical IT and Operations programs or projects. The role oversees large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross‐ functional teams and/or multiple delivery systems. They will serve as an advocate for the success of their program, ensuring that sequencing and dependencies are monitored and managed, escalating deviations from plans and commitments. This role will plan, organize, monitor, and oversee several or more Enterprise Technology programs to meet defined business specifications. They work closely with the Enterprise Technology Delivery organization as well as the Tower Leaders and IT Owners of their respective projects to guide efforts toward achieving intended business results.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
The Senior Program Manager will have primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking, and managing large and complex Enterprise-wide programs/projects. They also ensure appropriate management and business involvement throughout the life cycle of the programs. Work with project and delivery systems/teams to proactively identify work, communicate and resolve project issues and risks that interfere with project execution or success.
- Lead large-scale programs/projects (focusing on but not limited to facilitating requirements gathering, scheduling, resource or delivery system planning, and implementation) to successful completion, managing scope, schedule, and cost.
- Provide input to refine ET LDO-established PM Methodology and alignment with established Delivery Systems.
- Improve existing processes within a Program using conceptualizing, reasoning & interpretation
- Resolve issues of complex and diverse scope
- Engage Program team to develop solutions to important, highly complex problems, where cross department considerations are often present
- Develop and deliver PM deliverables, within compliance of approved methodology requirements.
- Ability to communicate a clear vision of the projects objectives and motivate the project team and/or delivery system to achieve them.
- Organize the work into manageable work packages or phases and determine an effective approach to completing the work.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting, estimate to actual variance, etc.
- Manage budget and funding channels for maximum results
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plans, and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action.
- Provide tracking and reporting on progress to plan, cost and schedule reporting, and change control.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, both within IT as well as external business stakeholders.
- Proactively manage change to baselined scope, schedule, and cost variables, communicating impacts and facilitating decisions.
- Provide performance input to team members functional managers.
- Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the project requirements.
- Bachelors degree and 8+ years experience OR MS w/ 6+ years experience OR 12 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 8+ years active Program/Project management
- At least 7+ years in Technology/Security/Operations projects.
- PMP certification.
- 3+ years experience leading SAFe agile teams, or equivalent program management experience on large complex agile projects/programs.
- Experience with Smartsheets preferred.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, negotiation, mentoring and personnel management skills.
- Demonstrated experience running multiple large scale, complex technology projects or programs.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands