Field Sales Representative, Manheim - East Texas
Cox Automotive, Tyler, Texas
Work at Cox Automotive
A remote field sales professional that will be the key point of contact for existing dealer clients within Inventory Solutions. Client Solutions Executives will travel to their clients places of business 4-5 days a week to develop relationships, introduce solutions selling, and provide Cox Automotive lead generation through consultation with a focus on transacting in-lane and digitally.
- Develop a sales strategy to retain and grow revenue streams from an assigned book of business across the Cox Automotive suite.
- Collaborate with team members in multiple departments at various auction locations and other Cox Automotive business units to ensure client service and client experience is constantly improving.
- Develop opportunities with assigned key accounts for other Cox Automotive Solutions groups and collaborate with the sales teams to close these opportunities.
- Collaborate with team members in marketing, promotions and sales to explore growth opportunities for clients.
- Compensation will be based partially on attainment of monthly sales quotas and goals.
- Create value-added solutions based on process to help clients and Inventory Solutions transact constantly and exceed sales goals.
- Primary duty is to sell value-added solutions across Cox Automotive within the client within a designated book of business.
- Customarily and regularly work remotely with 80% travel to provide solutions-based selling to clients.
- Consultative Solutions sales approach at the clients place of business.
- Knowledge and understanding of auction and Inventory Solutions top performers and under performers.
- Expertise in Inventory Solutions products and services.
- Expertise and general knowledge in Inventory Solutions operating locations.
- Expertise and knowledge of all Cox Automotive wholesale solutions in order to provide value-added selling opportunities.
- Ability to leverage Salesforce as a selling tool and as informational resource.
- Ability to consult and sell solutions for all Inventory Solutions and Cox Automotive Clients (i.e. Franchise, Wholesale, Independent etc.)
- Awareness and implementation of the Inventory Solutions Sales Cycle
- Self-starter comfortable working with minimal supervision in a variety of work environments (i.e. client location, auction environment)
Key Partners (Communication):
- Field Sales Reps
- Field Sales Managers
- Dealer Services Manager
- Inside Sales Reps
- Inside Sales Managers
- Dealer Services Coordinator
- General Managers, Assistant General Managers
- Inventory Solutions Partners (RMS, Ready Logistics, DealShield)
- Cox Automotive Finance, Retail, Media Solutions Groups (NextGear, DealShield, Auction Genius, Autotrader, etc.)
Daily Responsibilities Day in the Life:
- Engage clients on a daily basis to sell solutions based opportunities across Cox Automotive.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to identify client needs and opportunities and complete all open items/tasks to ensure information is up to date and transparent to all sales and operations members across the organization.
- Execute a daily/weekly/monthly Opportunity Management plan.
- Review e-mails and telephone messages for follow up and completion
- Ensure processes and communications with auction locations is being executed by clients and auction operating locations as expected.
- Ensure accurate billing and facilitate timely resolution of issues or disputes.
- Ensure clear accountability and communication lines for clients with auction operating locations.
- Dealer education promote Best Practices
- Sale ready Selling Frontline Services
- Sales opportunities Frontline services CRs, etc
- Best Practice opportunities and products and service up-sales
- Up-sell CRs to those that did not sell - load onto OVE
- Attend Webinars/group calls as part of further education
- Continuing education and review of Inventory Solutions products/services to prepare demos as needed.
- Utilize Salesforce data to create targeted marketing plans that drive results
- Bachelors degree in related field and 5 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors degree highly preferred.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record required.
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and best practices
- Skills in communication, customer service, and relationship building
- Automotive, auction, wholesale, internet sales / service experience preferred
- Experience in selling and servicing account list
- Proven track record of growing accounts from existing base
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®.
Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
Come join a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they’re just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are software engineers, marketers, sales leaders and trailblazers transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands