Retail Sales Associate
Cox Communications, Macon, GA 31210
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 5011 Riverside Dr., Macon, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202101356
We could all use a Retail Sales Associate in our lives. But at Cox Communications, were actively searching for someone who combines a knack for connecting with people, delivering amazing customer service and driving sales.
This is an opportunity for someone who loves to learn and then converts that knowledge into action, marveling customers with Coxs game-changing technology, products and services.
What Youll Do
- Assist with the opening/closing of one of our store retail environments
- Properly handle cash
- Support inventory cycle counts, restocking, training, merchandising, and special events.
- Support customers with product & service solutions
- Meet or exceed targets regarding customer experience, sales and retention
- Engage in workshops, special events, and product demos
- Support your fellow sales agents when needed
- Continuously expands knowledge of current Cox products as well as competitor product offerings by participating in regular training classes
- May be required to work in other locations in the same geographical area.
Whats In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay plus commission plan and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
Growth is a good thing, and youll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
- High school diploma, GED, or relevant work experience.
- Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a consultative, solutions-based approach.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment while being on your feet most of the day.
- Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory.
- Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
- One or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Sales, Retail Sales, Service Industry, etc)
- Previous experience with store operational duties and in a customer engaging role where customer decisions are influenced
- Wireless experience highly preferred
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and spoken
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.