Manager, Pricing & Yield Optimization - Cox Media
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 213946
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, we create multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients marketing objectives.
Cox Media is seeking a Pricing and Yield Optimization Manager reporting to the Director, Pricing and Yield. This position is responsible for analyzing, and strategically optimizing supply and demand dynamics across the entirety of Cox Medias advertising portfolio. This role must consider a complex landscape of constraints to find the optimal inventory allocation and portfolio level supply and demand stewardship strategies. The ideal candidate is numbers and results driven with a capacity to appreciate the influence of commercial relationships over the inventory decisions.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Intimately understand the business model, assumptions, KPIs & performance expectations behind all product lines across screens and demand channels
- Understand historical delivery, demand, & inventory constraints
- Understand contractual, mandated and otherwise agreed upon inventory allocation rules and ensure compliance by collaborating with teams in charge of allocation and tactical management of inventory
- Understand how delivery algorithms, all delivery logic across ad servers and decisioning tools work. Map out levers for active management of the inventory to maximize yield
- Build the connective tissue (analytical layer) required to understand performance metrics
- Foster relationships with internal teams - tech, ad ops, product, finance and executive level
- Make recommendations to evolve business rules in pursuit of higher yield
- Address systematic campaign level delivery concerns with portfolio level change recommendations
- Map out Coxs supply path and demand channel strategy against the inventory landscape and produce compelling business arguments to evolve Coxs inventory analysis, allocation, and yield management practices
- Owns supply paths and optimizes the supply chain to maximize yield
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BS, BA or Finance degree
- Strong quantitative and data story telling skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- MBA degree
- 5-7 years of relevant experience including the below qualifications
- Management consulting or quant strategy experience
- Prior experience with Doubleclick, ad exchanges, DSPs or similar advertising systems and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging dynamic tools for telling stories like Tableau
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands