Head of Revenue Growth, Sales & Marketing - Cox2M
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 214105
IoT is where we are going. It demands true connection.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, its time to learn more about our Head of Commercial role!
The Cox2M team is founded on passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, and were looking for people like you!
As a Head of Commercial you will be part of the Cox2M senior leadership team, leading a dynamic team of professional intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving customer needs using disruptive technology in a dynamic environment.
If youre feeling connected to this kind of opportunity, then read on.
Who You Are
You are an innovative leader and ROI-driven strategist. You are analytically driven, resourceful, and creative. You enjoy the challenge of driving the commercial development from venture stage to a large-scale global business. Youve got a broad understanding of what it takes to lead the creation of strategy, product roadmap, and end-to-end execution.
Who Cox2M Is
Cox2M is a new Internet of Things (IoT) business line within Cox Communications that provides complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions. Purpose-designed sensors collect data from a variety of connected assets (everything from cars to power lines), enabling you to track, monitor, and manage both mobile and fixed assets at an industry-leading price-point.
What Youll Do
Of course, as Head of Commercial, youll do a lot of strategizing. From developing and executing Cox2Ms marketing strategy to executing and optimizing the sales enablement and go to market plans. Youll align with Vertical GMs to cultivate and execute on a vision for Cox2M.
Youll Also Tackle These To-dos
- Set and execute a marketing strategy for Cox2M including the tactics and programs to create interest, demand and recognition for Cox2M and its products using different approaches and channels.
- Translate customer and market information into the Cox2M solution portfolio; translate strategy and vision into clear and well-defined business requirements and solutions working closely with the product, technology, and operations teams.
- Build an upsell and cross-sell strategy for existing customers and products to maximize sales of existing solutions to new verticals, industries or accounts for Cox2M.
- Set and optimize the sales strategy and process for Cox2M including sales and demo tools and materials; perfecting the stages of the sales process; understanding which features speak to which prospects; writing the product roadmap with the technology and products team, and more.
- Hire and manage a team of embedded marketing leads and business development leads working closely with Vertical GMs to deliver Cox2M new businesses in target opportunity spaces such as Smart Communities, Automotive, and Agriculture.
- Generate business by creating, reviewing and driving the pipelines, pointing out obstacles, identifying opportunities, advising on deals in flight, and closing deals.
- Accelerate internal and external channel partnerships working closely with sales leaders across Cox companies (communications, automotive and more) to scale existing internal channels, as well as work with the broader Cox partner ecosystem to accelerate growth. Partner closely with the Smart Communities sales leadership at Cox Business.
- Provide visibility and metrics into the business financial performance via effective dashboards and communication tools.
- Cultivate diverse teams of smart, mission-driven commercial minds. Give them the tools, leadership, and motivation to innovate and make decisions that support the vision of the company. Support and allocate resources for an effective organizational structure that balances process, accountability and scalability with aggressive velocity and innovation.
- Work with and inspire a group of incredibly smart, mission-driven people at Cox2M by giving them tools, mentorship, and motivation to innovate and make decisions to support the vision of the company.
- Support and allocate resources for an effective organizational structure that balances process, accountability and scalability with product velocity and innovation as Cox2M continues to scale.
- Develop the commercial strategy and be held accountable for maintaining enough resources (time, people, money) to achieve the roadmap set for Cox2M.
- Wake up each morning concerned if Cox2M has the absolute best strategy & enough resources.
- Be forefront of the latest trends and resources, while balancing scalability and stability.
- Shape and nurture a culture of openness, excellence, ingenuity, and passion.
Whats In It For You?
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary plus bonus incentive), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
- We value people more than technology. That means youll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. Youll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
What the Role Requires
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 10 or more years of experience in sales and marketing leadership positions with demonstrated ability to commercialize digital solutions used by many businesses and/or consumers.
- Strong technical understanding and know-how across broad set of technologies, with emphasis on software, data and analytics products and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability managing internal and external commercial teams from offering incubation to commercial launch and at scale commercial operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills, ability to articulate solution vision and differentiation effectively (i.e. master "the product pitch").
- Strong strategy and analytics skills, structured thinking and training.
- "Roll up the sleeves" state of mind willing to get hands dirty as the Cox2M business scales and experience hyper growth
- Able to communicate effectively across all levels including cross-functional stakeholder throughout the Cox ecosystem
- Has a positive outlook, sees opportunity, and overcomes challenges
- You are a catalyst and initiate positive change
- You are fast moving and work with a strong sense of urgency
- You are data driven and seek to build a business that will be the dominant player in the market
- You understand the value of long-term customer relationships
- You are intelligent and function well working alongside high performing, driven, and smart people
- You possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have immense passion for your work and team
- Your team loves working for you; your colleagues love working with you; your manager loves having you on their team
- You can set operational targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets
- You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem solver, who leads by example
- You are always on, and prioritize workflow not just in standard 9 to 5
- You manage others to exceed expectations and constantly raise the bar for above & beyond
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically to develop and launch growth solutions that support our strategic vision
Nice to Have
- BS/BA degree in related discipline desired (sales, marketing, business).
- Prior start-up experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in telecommunications or high-tech environment.
- Advanced degree preferred (Masters degree, etc.).
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Call Center Inbound Sales Representative Sign On Bonus $2000
Cox Communications, Las Vegas, NV 89106