Outside Retention Representative - Cox Business
Cox Communications, Herndon, VA 20171
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 13900 Lincoln Park Dr, Herndon, VA, USA
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 215878
Our customers are our most valuable asset. And we want them to stay that way. We need someone like you to provide them the solutions that will set their business apart. Were Cox Business, part of the Cox Communications family, and were all about owning every moment, helping our customers realize their business dreams.
Cox Business offers top-notch technology that helps our clients stay confident, connected, and productive. Our Outside Retention Representatives have a passion for retaining, upselling and growing our business, all while providing an exceptional customer experience. Were on a quest to find someone whose savvy sales skills will help us keep our customers smiling.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
What Youll Do
Youll serve as a powerfully potent problem solver, using your personal brand of brilliance to retain and upsell to customers. One way to be successful is by being super responsive to customer inquiries and concerns, while turning cold calls into real relationships. Here are a few other things youll focus on:
- Cold-call customers to generate new sales opportunities
- Manage your own account portfolio, accurately forecast business, track your own performance and develop plans to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Identify new sources of revenue for existing customer base.
- Develop and maintain consulting relationships to retain assigned base of existing customers.
- Work with Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Determine serviceability of client location and whether construction is required.
- Coordinate with other departments to resolve any maintenance or billing problems.
- Make follow-up calls to customers to inform them of referral program.
- Remain current on technical information regarding Cox Business services/solutions.
Whats In It For You?
At Cox Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
- We value people more than technology. That means youll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Business strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. Youll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
- 1 or more years of related sales experience
- 1 year of successful business-to-business outside sales experience with quotas and cold calling
- History of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work independently in the field 50% of the week or more
- Valid drivers license, good driving record and reliable transportation
- Thorough knowledge of Windows-based PCs and Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- BS/BA degree in related discipline
- 1 year technology or telecommunications sales experience
- Experience with field sales, pipeline development, new lead generation and prospecting
- Knowledge of local telecom market and local contacts
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Champions for meaningful progress
Jobs You May Like
Vice President, Client Partnerships - Hispanic & Multicultural
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York