Senior Manager Smart Communities, Strategic Solutions
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202103658
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
- Partner with Cox Business Sales and Government Affairs to identify priority markets and communities
- Apply a consultative sales approach to help the community identify and solve their most pressing challenges utilizing Connected Solutions / IoT Solutions
- Own regional communications strategy for Smart Communities
- Define community requirements and work with Cox2M product to translate those into viable solutions
- Schedule and conduct community meetings along with assigned account teams
- Work with the assigned account teams to develop proposals, conduct pitches and identify the appropriate vendor Connected Solutions / IoT Solutions
- Collaborate with Community, Cox2M and account team to develop deliverables for client statements of work and vendor agreements
- Develop contract drafts and serve as external negotiator with the cities and internal coordinator with Cox legal
- Apply playbook to identify opportunities that align with Cox portfolio of Connected Solutions / IoT Solutions
- Lead customer/solution discovery workshops and meetings
- Conducts in-market training events for Sales, Field Marketing and Government Affairs to develop team skills and Connected Solutions / IoT Solutions subject matter expertise
- Work with Cox2M product and Finance to develop unique financial models and customer pricing scenarios
- Cultivates positive cross-functional relationships with product teams to promote end-to-end solution development
- Maintain sales funnel and provide leadership reporting
- Support local marketing, events activities and represent Cox Business as the Smart Communities subject matter expert in region.
- Youll be rewarded with highly competitive pay, plus other compensation perks youve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., flexible time off policy, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, pet insurance and more...)
- We value our people. That means youll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Communications strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. Youll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 7+ years of experience required in related field (e.g. Internet of Things, Smart Communities Solutions, Business Sales, Marketing, Process Improvement, etc.)
- or MS/MBA and 5+ years experience in related field.
- Advanced knowledge of use cases, software, hardware and strategies related to Internet of Things
- Know of or experience working in or with the telecommunications industry
- Strong presentation skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Ability to travel within the assigned region
- Knowlegde of regulatory environment a plus
- Experience with Public/Private partnerships.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Media Jobs For You
SHE Media: Manager, Brand Partnerships and Programmatic Sales
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA