Vice President, Marketing Operations
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Executive
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 217018
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
At COX, were always looking for ways to connect. One way we do this is through our marketing and messaging pursuits, keeping our customers - and future customers - connected to our products, services, and brand. To make this happen in the most authentic and effective ways possible, we need a capable leader at the helm of these efforts.
The title for this VIVP (Very Important Vice President) is Vice President of Marketing Operations. Right now, were in search of the ideal person to step into this role and go completely "next level" with what is possible. This is a gig that places you in the center of making our marketing strategies come alive, working closely with our VP Consumer Marketing Strategy, VP Consumer Product Marketing, and others to make sure our strategies are aligned, orchestrated and optimized for a purely amazing customer experience, as well as a mighty combo of marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
So, if youd like to lead COXs Marketing Operations and Unified Customer Communications Centers of Excellence, then keep reading. Wed love to fill you in on what - and who - we are looking for.
What Youll Do
As Vice President of Marketing Operations, there is no shortage of opportunities to have an awe-inspiring impact on our customers, our business, and our brand. Here are some of the highlights of the responsibilities that come with this adventure:
- Youll oversee and be accountable for the execution of all of our marketing campaigns and programs
- Youll guide the development and implementation of our media plans for all mass and targeted media
- Youll be in charge of the marketing operating budget, as well as how we distribute, use and measure effectiveness of our marketing dollars.
- Youll be the epicenter for all Media, creative and campaign performance reporting
- Youll own the implementation of our new marketing CRM technologies, systems & tools. Well also trust you to help navigate our long-term MarTech roadmap development
- Youll own responsibility for our Unified Customer Communications Center of Excellence designed to deliver communications that are coordinated, personalized, relevant and timely - helping to spark more customer love
- Youll use your keen instincts and experience to adapt to the evolving consumer journey, so you can ID, design and implement a more holistic, customer-centric communication approach
- Youll create strong partnerships with our Business Operations and Finance teams so our strategies and outcomes match and deliver on our long-range plan, including attainment of marketing ROI goals
- Youll be a guidance go-to, offering strategic oversight to resource allocation, making sure we are effective through all our marketing systems, vendor relationships, and contracted scopes of work
- Youll help shape strong partnerships with the Brand, Customer Acquisition, Retention & Customer Lifecycle Management, Sales Operations teams and Technology to make sure our marketing campaign strategies are effectively translated, coordinated, and executed
- Youll offer up superior supervisory management and career development to the members of our marvelous Marketing Operations team
- Thought leadership? Yep...thats your bag. And youll provide it via best-practice sharing across the full marketing organization
Whats In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with COXs highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted employee services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The COX culture is one that values people more than technology, so its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At COX, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and youll have opportunities to learn and grow so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the COX family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- You are in an Executive Director or Vice President level role with at least 10 years of experience under your belt leading in Marketing, Sales, or Sales Ops.
- Youve got 5 or more years managing (or playing a major role) in large scale business performance.
- Youre also the proud earner of a bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or a similar field.
- Youve got experience with implementing and executing marketing campaigns, marketing budgets, projects, and agency relationships for well-known brands. Youve also got a track record leveraging MarTech tools to deliver more human and personalized marketing programs. Plus, youve proven your moxie as an apt leader in managing cross-functional relationships to make it all happen.
- Youre equally adept at cultivating the growth of individuals and teams, are a wickedly wonderful communicator (on the page and in person) and bring a strong analytics game to the table.
- Lastly, youre willing to live in Atlanta or a COX market and cool with traveling for up to 20% of your work time, as needed (note, we are working more virtually these days).
In addition to those requirements, here are a few extra qualities wed love for you to have, but arent required:
- Youve got your MBA degree
- Youve got some cable and/or telecommunications experience
Join the COX family of businesses and apply today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Media Jobs For You
Audience Retention Coordinator, Regional Sports
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations