Project Manager II - Business
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202103894
Plans, organizes, secures, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. Projects are temporary endeavors with defined beginning and end and are usually constrained by time and resources. Partners with project stakeholders, internal customers, external vendors, and cross-functional teams. Facilitates a cross-functional team to execute on defined deliverables and drives key decisions. Common deliverables typically include the project charter, scope definition, requirements documents, work activities, project schedule, risk register, communication plan, resource plan, risk management plan, procurement plans, project/program budget, quality control plan, status updates, reporting, tracking and preparation for work entry for following year. Uses industry recognized/generally accepted PM knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to achieve a projects stated objectives. Typically does not independently deliver content or decisions which define final project deliverables.
- Leads medium/large and/or moderately complex projects under moderate to minimal supervision
- Reporting, communications, relationships, and sphere of influence typically occur within team and key stakeholders
- Accountability for planning of resources for tasks, allocation, estimation, & scheduling
- Project cycle of typically 6 - 18 months
- Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays & cause inefficiencies of a team and may cause unnecessary expense affecting operational results
- Projects typically span across organizations (departments) but may also directly affect business unit and/or entire company
- Successfully lead and facilitate meetings with cross-functional/ highly visible leaders
- Budget management typically includes tracking and monitoring spend to project milestones
- May provide guidance and direction to more junior project management staff
- Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers
- Initiates, plans, executes, and controls project efforts that utilize technological solutions
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- Develops and executes management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration
- Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks
- Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle or specific phases within the Solutions Delivery Life cycle (SDLC).
- Coordinates the resources necessary to successfully complete the project
- Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities; manages prioritization procedures
- Sets and manages client expectations, managing and escalating issues and changes
- Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives; documents applying change control procedures
- Evaluates the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation;
- Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction; obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results
- Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status
- Creates and applies project control techniques that reduce risk from changing technological infrastructure, hardware, automations, systems software, or applications systems
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders and project resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely project completion
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver and report on KPIs and metrics.
- Documents and understands what the technical environment dependencies are for each project to support an end to end integrated environment.
- Manages, the creation and tracking of processes, procedures, and documentation that improve environment stability, availability, and production parity
- Accountable for tracking and managing the creation of functional designs; identifies risks and benefits of alternate designs; calculates costs/benefits of potential actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI; assesses project impact of system changes on users and internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Where permitted by applicable law, if you receive a conditional job offer of employment for a role subject to our vaccination requirement, will you be able to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or eligibility for a medical or religious exemption? (Please refer to the job posting requirements to determine whether the job you are applying for is subject to our vaccination requirement.)
- 3 years of experience in related field (i.e. Change management, process improvement, project management) or academic equivalent training or projects.
- Requires working knowledge of functional or related processes
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands