Senior Community Relations Specialist
Cox Communications, Las Vegas, NV 89106
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 1700 Vegas Dr, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 217697
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
- Provides project management for specific community relations initiatives, including program development and management of committee and project stakeholder teams.
- Provides complete project planning and execution of community relations events in Southern Nevada (including meeting facilitation, vendor and volunteer recruitment and management, onsite execution, promotions, ticketing, data entry, mailings, etc.).
- Plans and coordinates community events (include diversity events) and promotions that enhance company visibility and supports strategic department and company goals. Events may be in person or via a virtual/digital platform.
- Coordinates and supports education-related events and promotions
- Provides project oversight - including strategic planning and event execution for the Cox Volunteers program in Southern Nevada (including meeting facilitation, vendor and volunteer recruitment and management, onsite execution, promotions, ticketing, data entry, mailings, etc.)
- Coordinates and supports the Cox Charities program (including internal/external events and promotions.)
- Coordinates fulfillment for Cox sponsored business, charitable and golf events.
- Develops and submits articles about Cox-supported events/activities for company newsletters, intranet, etc.
- Oversees and maintains department photo library.
- Maintains charitable giving database for cash and in-kind contributions and provides reports/tracking for CEI, CCI, community involvement and related reports.
- Maintains department / planning collision calendar of events.
- Maintains and schedules Cox public service announcement (PSA) inventory
- Maintains monthly budget reporting (including data entry)
- Regularly and consistently uses project planning tool (ie. Action Plan) for all internal/external events, initiatives, etc.
- May represent company in media interviews, expert community panels, and in external and employee meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Public Relations, Community Relations, Mass/Strategic Communications, Journalism, Marketing and/or Video Production)
- 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowedge and demonstated ability to plan and execute events using a virutal/digital platform.
- Excellent experience with event coordination and project management skills
- Able to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Effective business writing, research and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present a professional image when representing the company
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of leadership within the organization.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (Business Administration, Public Relations, Mass/Strategic Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting or Marketing)
- Experience in community relations preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Bilingual Spanish
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.