Outside Sales Representative Home Security
Cox Communications, Springfield, VA 22150
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 7741 Southern Dr, Springfield, VA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 217585
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now wed like to connect with you.
Cox Communications is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our Home Security team. The Outside Sales Representative is an incredible opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who enjoys relationship building, managing customer accounts, and developing new business.
Successful candidates are driven "hunters", with a strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and an entrepreneurial and achievement-oriented attitude. As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual amount of $73,366. This reflects the full-time annual base rate of at least $31,133 and target commission is $3,519 a month. Employees also receive a ramp period of up to 3 months to adjust to commission earnings and an annual continued performance bonus of up to $1,000.
If you are a highly competitive and personable individual who is interested in a sales career with an established and innovative company, we invite you to keep reading to learn more about joining the Cox Communications Home Security team.
Take control of your career and Unleash your potential as an Outside Sales Representative Home Security with Cox Communications today.
As an Outside Sales Representative Home Security, you will be responsible for introducing, promoting and selling Cox Homelife services and ancillary products to residential customers to ensure achievement of Homelife PSU growth and net gain objectives. You will perform the entire sales process (with a focus on Self-Generation and prospecting, in-home sales consultation, sales and post-install customer satisfaction (follow-up) for Homelife products to residential customers, with a strong Performance Management accountability to meet or exceed sales targets.
As an Outside Sales Representative Home Security, you will work independently in the field meeting with both new and existing customers, with at least 90% of work time is spent in the field. In this role will use a company vehicle or private vehicle for extensive local travel, with mileage reimbursement (or allowance). You will be expected to meet or exceed corporate/regional sales goals in a goal-driven, sales organization. Incumbents will exhibit a strong entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivation, manage your own schedule and may work evenings and weekends to maximize customer contact and regularly work outdoors in adverse weather conditions and at night, when necessary. In some situations, you may work with dissatisfied customers and will work in customers homes or premises.
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
- Competitive base salary plus unlimited commission potential
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Essential functions of the role include sales, customer service, networking and collaboration, administration and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
- The ideal candidate will be able to Self-Generate customer connect opportunities, in addition to company leads in order to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Markets, promotes and sells Cox Homelife services and ancillary products door-to-door to residential customers to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Identifies new residential prospects through prospecting, cold calling, auditing subdivisions, remarket neighborhoods and analysis of street sheets by utilizing various resources and individual effort.
- Cold calls (door-to-door and phone) new and existing customers in territory to sell (or upgrade) services and ensure satisfaction with Cox services.
- Meets with prospective customers to collect information required to assess their home security needs in detail and qualify prospects.
- Delivers sales presentations following our G.U.I.D.E sales process; and product demonstrations to customers and prospects. Uses solution selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox Homelife products to educate and influence customers to buy products, typically, in one sales call.
- Educates customers in the use of installed Cox Homelife products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Engaged in Self-Generated prospecting activities daily in order to ensure that sales expectations are met.
- Negotiates pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions with prospective customers.
- Tracks orders and serves as a point of contact for customer throughout sales and installation process. Keeps customers informed of installation progress and installation problems and maintains client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
- Builds and maintains relationships with developers, realtors, insurance agents, contractors, builders in subdivisions utilizing our Community Connection Program to promote Cox Homelife products and services.
- Prospects and promotes Cox Homelife products and services by asking for referrals at time of sale, being involved in networking groups, making presentations at homeowners association meetings, and conducting informational sessions at Cox retail stores.
- Builds and maintains effective internal network to refer problems and process sales and installation orders.
- Communicates special conditions or extenuating circumstances to Managers and/or assigned technicians to assure smooth installation and excellent customer service.
- Initiates and documents new account information by keying orders into ICOMS.
- Documents and communicates installation design for Installers.
- Plans and organizes daily work route in territory.
- Schedules installation appointments if necessary.
- Maintains and submits regular expense and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
- Obtains credit approvals as required through established processes.
- Ensures product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Document contract information in Docusign and provide copy to customers for approval.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor home security services and offerings, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends scheduled team meetings, refresher training, and service updates.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Accountability, internal drive, self-motivation, entrepreneurial spirit and a burning desire to excel, are highly desirable attributes for successful candidates this role.
- 1 or more year of experience preferred in outside or field sales experience with quotas and cold calling.
- Valid state drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation.
- Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws.
- 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting.
- Willingness to work weekends and nights.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Eligible to work in United States.
- Excellent adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, relationship building, customer service delivery, formal presentation skills, high impact communications, results produced, continuous learning, PC skills, quality orientation, sales disposition, self-management, self-motivation and self-discipline, technical aptitude, and trustworthiness in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline or strong sales background.
- Experience in direct sales in home security or telecommunications industry.
- 2 years of outside or field sales experience with quota requirements.
- Knowledge of local market, local contacts.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.